Skip to main content

Everyone's a Winner When Fall is in the Air!

from Mia Marlowe...

I'm so tired of summer.

It's been hot and sticky and busy. I'm ready for crisp days and shivery nights. I want to see the winter constellations begin to peek over the horizon. I'm ready to break out my sweaters and woolly socks.

Something about autumn just calls for a stack of books and cocooning and evenings spent before a crackling fire. Of course, it also means that winter is coming, but I'll put up with that for the glory of fall.
 

Of course, autumn promises to be as busy as summer as far as writing goes. I have new books coming out in both October and November. On October 7th, Once Upon a Plaid hits the bookstore shelves. It's the story of William and Kat, two people who love each other dearly, but what is a couple to do in 16th century Scotland when a laird needs an heir and his beloved wife is barren? Many tears fell on the keyboard while I was writing this Christmas story. I'm thrilled to share that Publishers Weekly gave it one of their rare STARRED reviews. Here's a link to the first THREE chapters! 

But my next book, A Rake by Any Other Name, is filled with laughter. This new series is my Regency-set answer to Downton Abbey, a show I'm hopelessly addicted to. Part of the fun of Downton is the wonderful house itself. In A Rake by Any Other Name, I invite you into beautiful Somerfield Park and into the lives of all the people who call it home, both upstairs and down!   

When his father Lord Somerset tumbles off the roof, Richard Barrett, Lord Hartley, is called home from his Grand Tour to take the reins of the estate while the marquess recuperates. Somerset is in serious financial difficulty which can only be remedied by marriage to an heiress, Miss Sophie Goodnight, lately arrived from India with her nabob father.

Unfortunately, Richard believes he has already lost his heart to Lady Antonia Pruett. And Miss Goodnight isn’t too keen on becoming Somerset’s purse with feet, so she foils their families’ attempts to throw her and Richard together at every turn. To make matters worse, the reason Lord Somerset fell off the roof in the first place is a secret that threatens to upend all their lives.

Like it? Pre-Order now.

 And now, a gift for YOU! If you hurry, you can get my novella Plaid to the Bone, the prequel to the Spirit of the Highlands series, FREE! 

A Bride Comes to Bonniebroch

But Cait Grant is hardly dreaming of wedded bliss. As a duty to her father, she must marry Adam Cameron, laird of Bonniebroch. And then, because of a blood oath to her clan, she must murder him…

If only her new husband weren’t so devilishly handsome. If only she didn’t have to play the loving wife for one long, languorous month. If only she didn’t surrender to his softly sensual touch, she would be able to fulfill her oath. If only she didn’t fall in love…

Download the story today for your Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iPad or GooglePlay. This offer goes away in a couple of days.  Here's a link to all the buy options!

But you don't have to buy it! Remember, it's FREE for a limited time!

Let's get a conversation going. I started this blog looking forward to fall. What do you love most about the season? Halloween? High school Friday night football? I'd love to hear from YOU!

Comments

  1. Hi Mia! Congratulations on your upcoming release. A Rake By Any Other Name sounds like a fun read. I love Downton Abbey with all it's behind the scenes drama of the downstairs people. Much more interesting in lots of ways than the highbrow class.

    I love fall!! It's my favorite time of the year. For me, it's a time of slowing down a bit from the hectic pace of summer. I love the cooler temperatures and the beautiful breathtaking color of the trees. It just makes my heart happy. And like you, I enjoy pulling out the sweaters and jackets and snuggling up in throws in the cool evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about those servants having lives that are just as interesting as the lords and ladies. That's why there's a couple of delicious little secondary romances going on "below stairs" in A RAKE BY ANY OTHER NAME. I think you'll love Eliza Dovecote and root for her in her quest to catch the eye of David the handsome footman. Then for the over 40 crowd, there's Aloyisius Porter, the butler at Barrett House who's conceived a tendress for Mrs. Culpepper, the Somerfield Park cook. Unfortunately Porter is too timid to act on his feelings, but his flights of fancy were wonderful fun to write.

      Delete
  2. I do like the football get togethers although both my teams lost this weekend. We have a pumpkin carving party that is always fun too. Although I must admit I'm more of a Spring person - like all that green and warm weather after a cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess what I'm really partial to is change. I don't think I'd do well in a part of the country without 4 seasons.

      Delete
  3. I live in the BEAUTIFUL state of Oregon and Fall is so FULL OF COLOR, sigh...I love color :-). Our best weather is in the fall ~ warm, sunny days and cooler nights with occasional rain to keep things lush and green. The kids go off to school and Momma does her snoopy dance to have some free time to go to water aerobics and yoga :-) Then the icing on the cake is Oregon Duck FOOTBALL! I am an avid fan, can you tell? Thanks for giving me a platform to cheer for Fall, my beloved Oregon and Duck Football :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oregon really is lovely. The DH and I used to live in Seattle and discovered it's called the Great Northwest with reason.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to both of these new releases! I love the honeycrisp apples that appear in the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nise! Have you signed up for my newsletter? I'll be sending a little note out when they're available. Would love to have you on board!

      Delete
  5. I like cooler weather so we can use the oven (cookies!) and make stews and chilis :) Thanks for the fall read, Mia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DH has been dropping "chili" hints for a couple weeks. In addition to the usual chili ingredients, I put 2 kinds of beans, three types of peppers and mushrooms in mine.

      Delete
  6. Boy, busy is right! Your ability to write so many woderful books, sometimes simultaneously, astounds me! I wish I had seen this post yesterday. I've had the pleasure of crtiquing bits of all of these and been swept up immediately in each story. Congratulations on the publication of each of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash. I'd have been lost without you, too! You rein me in when I need it and have been known to deliver a much required kick the pants as well. I'm blessed to have a friend like you!

      Delete
  7. Bite your tongue!!! I miss summer already. Fall leads to winter and winter leads to miserable cold and snow. waaaaaa. I wanna go to Miami!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment