Skip to main content

Fan-girl at RT

I thought I'd be a pro by now. After all, not many debut authors get to sign with the fabulous Nora Roberts. But did that stop me from going all fan-girl on some of my favorite writers at the Romantic Times Convention? Nope.

The first person I stalked *clearing throat* sought out was Sabrina Jeffries. I'm a huge fan. We had started chatting over Facebook several years ago. When I told her that I had started writing again, the first thing she told me to do was join Romance Writers of America. If not for Sabrina's encouragement and advice, my stories would still be floating around in my head. It was such an honor for me to finally meet her in person.

Sourcebooks has it right. "Authors are my rock stars."

As my dad and I were standing in line for the awards ceremony, Miss Thrill Ride herself, Julie Ann Walker strolled by. And I must say, she's just as delightful in person. I was also thrilled (no pun intended) to meet fellow Sourcebooks sisters Sara Humphreys, Shana Galen, C.H. Admirand and Gina Lamm. I've had the privilege of knowing the multi-talented Lady Grace Burrowes for a while now. Lucky me!

One of the biggest highlights of the convention for me... Mary Wine. To be truthful, I could've sat for hours and listened to her stories about costume making for the movies, renaissance fairs, and Mary's take on writing. She had me completely mesmerized with her tales. We sat and talked so much at the Sourcebooks party that I literally had to pull myself away to mingle with the book sellers.
And one thing I learned about the convention? Being a Scottish historical romance writer definitely had its perks. Look at these Highland hotties who stopped by my table. Aye!


 
 
Victoria Roberts writes Scottish historical romances about kilted heroes and warriors from the past. She was named by RT Book Reviews as "one of the most promising debut authors across the genres" and was also a 2012 Reviewers Choice nominee for Best First Historical for Temptation in a Kilt.
 
X Marks the Scot (Bad Boys of the Highlands #2) was awarded a TOP PICK from Night Owl Reviews, and To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Bad Boys of the Highlands #3) is scheduled for release September 3, 2013. The first of Victoria’s new Royal Rebellion series is scheduled for release spring 2014. 

Represented by Jill Marsal of the Marsal Lyon Literary Agency, Victoria is a member of Romance Writers of America®, Celtic Hearts Romance Writers, several local chapters, as well as a contributing author to the online magazine Celtic Guide.

Victoria lives in western Pennsylvania with her husband of twenty years and their two beautiful children—not to mention one spoiled dog. When she is not plotting her next Scottish romp, she enjoys reading, nature, and antiques. She also drags her clan to every Scottish festival under the sun. Please visit Victoria at
www.victoriarobertsauthor.com.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a blast, Victoria! Seeing the Highlanders was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Highlanders who stopped by. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to meet you too. I could also listen to Mary's stories for hours. Every time I see her, she has some new story that's more fascinating than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Shana. I really had a hard time pulling myself away. How exciting to make costumes for Titanic? My life is not nearly as interesting. I think I need another hobby. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! If LaVyrle Spencer ever made an appearance at an event, I'd probably faint dead away! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, it's funny. No matter how "big" you get, you always go fan-girl for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun to see you there too! I wonder how many of the authors look forward to the signing just so we can go dodging about before the doors open, fan girling our keeper authors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time and had some yummy visitors! It's great hearing that you authors have your own favorites to stalk as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. RT was definitely a lot of fun. And I LOVED my yummy visitors! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment