Skip to main content

Oh shoot! No, don't!


It was my day to blog and I forgot (until just now when I peeked at my other calendar.) Have I mentioned I have a new book out?


I have no excuse...except for gobs of promo to announce my first mass market paperback release, whirlwind blog/book signing tour and keeping dates in two different places. I apologize profusly.



Okay, so summer is the theme. Is it summer? I've put everything on hold until after June. Which is a bummer since June is probably my favorite month. I like September too, except it heralds the end of summer and I get bummed out. No, really. I think I have a touch of S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder.)

I'm such a summer girl that I convinced my husband to take me someplace warm every winter. He knows I need something to look forward to to get me through the lengthening darkness. He can see for himself how much happier and more mobile I am in the sun. This year I signed myself up for the 'Cruise with your Muse' conference in January and I'll be going to RT in April. Now to find someplace to escape to in Feb or March. That ought to do it.

I'm brainstorming my next series, which takes place in New Orleans. Perfect! I see a research trip in my future! Meanwhile, let me recommend my current series! Strange Neighbors. It's getting all kinds of positive reviews, so it's not just me who loves it. (grin) And I've been getting reader emails too. That's almost more precious since they don't have to write about it to anyone--but they choose to! Now, don't get upset, reviewers. You're positive feedback is precious to me too. You have no idea how much I need that affirmation!



So, what do you think? Where would you set a book as an excuse to visit...for research, of course! And maybe to get away from your Strange Neighbors!



(I've heard people need to see an ad 7 times before it sticks. There's another one on this page somewhere and if (when) you go to Amazon, you'll find one there too! (wink)

http://www.amazon.com/Strange-Neighbors-Ashlyn-Chase/dp/1402236611/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270205590&sr=1-1

Strange Neighbors
When star pitcher and shapeshifter Jason Falco buys a small apartment building, he sees it not only as an investment but as a place to escape the demands of major league baseball.

That is, until he meets his tenants--a sarcastic unemployed vigilante vampire; a wereraven with a morbid sense of humor; a werewolf thief who sells security systems; and two witches with an owl who work as phone sex actresses. Not to mention a beautiful, all too human nurse. But with all the hooting, howling, and hollering going on, how's an all-American shapershifter supposed to sweep a girl off her feet?

Ash

Comments

  1. Hi Ash! I love your books and I like you even more! Your the nicest of all writer's!!!
    If I needed to research a place I'm not sure where exactly it would be, but in my mind It takes me to those hidden away spots that celebrity's pay big money to go and get your private beach with private pool the seems to float off into the ocean and have to have a hot tub too. It's beautiful and special, That's where I'd love to go where the water is amazing color. Ok Feel free to use that Ash, any part of it. lol I'm not a writer but I have dreamed of places like that!

    Hagd Ash!!

    ~ Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ash! Love your new book. Congrats and tons of luck with it. Funny you should ask where I'd go for research as I was just making reservations for Destin, Florida. It's the setting for my next story. The Florida panhandle is lovely and I hope to see if it's doing OK. Another location I've been thinking of is Transylvania, Romania. What inspiration for a vampire novel! I checked it out online and it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ash! Sweet, I wanna go to New Orleans...someday. I really want to travel to Australia and Ireland. Two places completely opposite than how I grew up. Have a lot of new experiences to talk about, for a long time.
    Loving Strange Neighbors Ash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would write anywhere warm and tropical as an excuse to visit, especially in the winter months. I love spring, summer, and fall, and maybe one week of winter and then by January I get SAD, too. But I still love living in New England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash, I love the sound of the book and can't wait until I have time to read it. Looking forward to seeing you at Nationals, you are going, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash, hmm, if I could go anywhere, I'd stay in a Scottish castle with lots of Highland hunks. Just, if I had a choice, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I resemble that title, Strange Neighbors indeed! The books sound quite interesting...must look into it.

    If I had my druthers, for summer, I'd head North, Cooler climes here I come. I don't mind heat, I can't take the humidity and the sun. I burn. No mater what. Crud! If it wasn't for the burning, just stick me by a pool, with a good book, like the one mentioned in the blog, and I'd be set for the summer. As it is, I need AC and a book, like the one mentioned in the blog. lol Wish I did have such neighbors, it might be a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! Italy, or Spain for me. One of the ladies on the Naughty Author Chicks blog has been posting about her trip to Venice, and I'm sooooo jealous! Hey Ash, we could go and maybe run into Paolo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Christine! Why didn't I think of that? A celebrity spa.

    Fantastic idea!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dalton wants to go to Italy with me? Make the reservations. I'll pack right now! We can definitely set a book in Italy now that you've researched some Italian for our character in Stokes! (Coming in August, folks!)

    I won't be at nationals this year, Robin. I'll be too busy packing for Italy! LOL.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Ashlyn,
    I've got your book on my TBB list... it looks awesome!

    I'd love to go to New Zealand for some research...all the pics I've seen are so picturesque. It looks like a great place to let my imagination roam free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute blog. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets important things to do!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys have some great ideas!
    Ireland, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand. All places I'd love to see too!

    Thank you so much for your compliments on my book, everyone.
    It really means the world to me!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Ash! I'm reading the book right nopw and I LOVE IT!!!!! you rock, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for popping in today everyone!
    I really appreciate your compliments and encouragement!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with Terry - I'd set a book in Scotland. I went a couple years ago and I absolutely loved it. I wish I could write historicals because I loved the castles, but my mind is firmly fixed in the modern age. Besides, they didn't have cowboys back then. Or now. So I guess I'll stick with Wyoming, which to me is kind of like a foreign country stuck in the middle of the US anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your book looks fantastic! I hope you are enjoying this crazy time!

    Joanne - Highlanders are like cowboys in kilts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Um, outer space???
    No, really, I think Italy or Ireland would be nice. But those boys on the beach in Argentina and Brazil are calling to me....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment