Skip to main content

Visions of Sugar Plums... by Abbie Roads

Visions of Sugar Plums...
by 
Abbie Roads


What's your favorite part of the holidays? 

I love all the baking! 

This seems to be the only time of year when I can get away with being a crazy cookie baker! 
So far this Holiday season I've made Texas sheet cake cookies, pumpkin cookies with brown butter frosting, chocolate chip/dried cranberry cookies, crushed candy cane cookies, turtle cookies, and today I baked one of my favorite family recipes... 

Sugar Plum Surprise Cookies!


I love these cookies for a few reasons...

1. They are simple to make.
2. You can load the whole batch on one cookie sheet to bake 
(which saves a ton of time).
3. And the best part...There's a surprise inside each one!

Here's the recipe:


Sugar Plum Surprise Cookies
(Preheat oven 325 degrees)

1c. soft butter
1/2c. powdered sugar
1 1/2t. vanilla
2c. flour
1/2t. salt
1c. oatmeal
36 candies--I use candied cherries, all flavors of Hershey kisses, caramels, and Andes mints. But you can use whatever you think sounds good.

Beat butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Add dry ingredients. Stir in oatmeal. Dough will be stiff. Shape a heaping teaspoon of dough around the candy to form a ball. Load them all onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 20 minutes. While warm roll them in powdered sugar. Then enjoy! Every cookie is a surprise!



Abbie Roads writes dark emotional novels, but always gives her characters a happy ending... After torturing them for three hundred pages. 
You can find her here:




Comments

  1. Abbie, these look delicious...and FUN! I'm going to have to try them. Easy is my kind of recipe.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment