Skip to main content

Weddings, Dogs & Growing Up

Twenty-six years ago, I was a bride.  It seems like a lifetime ago and let me tell you, I didn't spend a lot of time planning my wedding, I didn't spend a lot of time being part of many bridal parties and overall, I haven't gone to a lot of weddings. 

However...I love to write about things that are wedding related.

I have a series - The Enchanted Bridal Series - which is really more about friendships (a little more women's fiction with romantic sub-plots) but the stories are all related to a bridal shop.  And really, I just love the thought of having an excuse to dress up in pretty dresses!  Crazy, right?  Did you used to watch the TV show Friends?  Remember the one with all the wedding dresses?  HUGE inspiration for me!
So the latest book in that series - THE BRIDAL SQUAD - came out in May and we were trying to come up with a fun promo idea for it and ended up having my sassy pug Maylene play the part of the bride!  Because really, what's funnier than a dog wedding??  Um...almost nothing!  Every week we've been posting different aspects of the wedding planning - who she should decide to marry, what kind of dress she should wear, which flowers should she choose...and we are having so much fun with it, it's crazy!
Who knew combining my love of weddings and my sassy little pug would draw in so many readers?  If you're interested in voting and entering to win some Enchanted Bridal swag, you can enter here:
http://maylenesbridalsquad.pagedemo.co/

And as I look at weddings as a chance of beginnings, as a parent right now, we're facing an end of a season.  My youngest will be starting his senior year of high school in two weeks.  We're doing all of the graduation planning - he's graduating early - and yearbook portraits and as I sat there and watched him get his picture taken while wearing a tuxedo, I pretty much lost it.  This is my baby.  He's not supposed to be grown up like this!  Not yet!  It's going to be a rough year for me, I can feel it already.

I think this is why I write romance - so that I can write about all of the beginnings and not have to deal with the ends.  Any other moms of seniors out there??  Is there a support group??

If you want to catch up on the Enchanted Bridal series, you can find all of the books here:
http://bridalsquad.enchanted.pagedemo.co/

Happy Reading, my friends!!  See you next month when we start to kick off my new release, HOLIDAY SPICE!!

Comments

  1. Love your books and it was very nice meeting you in Orlando at the RWA :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment