Skip to main content

How Can I Write Christmas when it’s 97 Degrees out???

Horde of arctic wolves in a zoo
Okay, White Wolf Christmas is not up for preorder yet, but will soon be. I’ll post when it is.

Between a Rock and a Hard Place is available for preorder. They’re working on the cover now.

Between a Rock and a Hard Place
April 2017
Kobo: Coming
iBooks: Coming
 
 
VeryJaguaryChristmas_select (2)
tiger eyes closed (1280x853).jpg vignetteTiger says he doesn’t even want to hear about another cat shifter story that is about a big cat other than him. I took this picture of the tiger at the San Diego Zoo. Isn’t he beautiful?
A Very Jaguar Christmas is coming in October.


christmas wolf tree1 (800x665)
It’s hard, but this is often how it works. It’s freezing out, I’m writing about the jungle heat. It’s steaming out and I’m writing about a blizzard. So how do I get in the mood?  Believe me, I really don’t feel in the mood to watch Christmas stories right now, or listen to Christmas music.

But, I began making Christmas trailers for the two books coming out this year. First, A Silver Wolf Christmas for the Oct 6 release, and then for Alphas Unwrapped, Dec 1 release. Finding music and Christmas pictures for them, diving into the Christmas stories helped. Then having the Christmas party for A Silver Wolf Christmas did too. I watched Arctic Blast a while back when it was soooo hot, I think it is called, campy movie, but it’s cold. There are others like it where people are running around in the frigid cold and they work well for giving the visuals to help create a cold snowy environment in my mind.

But wait! These are jaguar shifters. It gets cold in Texas, but not that snowy. And if we have snow, it’s in the new year, February, later.  It’s ruining my whole Christmas mood. NOT to mention that it’s 97 degrees this weekend, even though we are near the end of September. Did anyone mention to the weather god that it is nearly fall now? Please turn off the heat. And while you’re at it, we desperately need some rain. Max fell into a foot-deep crack in the earth yesterday when I took him walking in the front yard.

Jaguars lived in the southern states bordering Mexico–Texas, Arizona, NM, California. No longer, but at one time, they did. So my jaguar shifters live in Texas. And they go on vacations to South America and other locations where jaguars still run free, though who knows how long that will last as people still illegally hunt them for sport.

So, here is my dilemma. I want a Christmas card Christmas for them. Without it, it just doesn’t seem like Christmas. Even though for most of my life, I’ve had to go north to see snow if I want the Christmas card experience with snow. Florida, Texas, California, no snow at Christmas. When we lived in Florida, we had an aluminum tree and colorful wheel of lights. It was really pretty, but Florida just didn’t seem Christmassy enough to warrant a green tree.

That had me revising my trip plans–for my jaguars. They have to go north to see a white Christmas. Have to. Now I’m in the mood for Christmas.
 
9781492621805-300 (2)
A Very Jaguar Christmas (Book 5)
 
 
 Have a great one!!!
Terry Spear
“Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy is reality.”
Connect with Terry Spear:
Website: http://www.terryspear.com
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/421434.Terry_Spear
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TerrySpearParanormalRomantics
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TerrySpear

Comments