Skip to main content

'Tis the Season by Victoria Roberts

What's your favorite season? Winter? Spring? Summer? Fall? How about football season?

You know what I'm talking about. This is the time of year when husbands, sons, boyfriends, fathers, brothers and uncles control the TV remote 24/7. Although I'm a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I grow tired of watching every other NFL team under the sun. All I care about is my home team, and yes, I'll watch the Superbowl. There is something quite nice about rugged men battling on the field for sport.

But I don't like when the games interfere with my shows like The Walking Dead. I never miss an episode. That's when my husband and I create our own sport. Even though we both have home field advantage, I've been very creative about hiding the remote. We battle over who gets the big TV. Most times I win because there's no way I'm watching Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon on a wee screen. Am I right?

So until February 7, 2016, I'll cheer on my boys and give holiday thanks when the season finally comes to an end.  

Are you a die-hard football fan, or would you rather hide the remote?


 

Buy links: http://victoriarobertsauthor.com/books.html

Comments

  1. I don't like football at all. My husband watches it ALL THE TIME. But he will tape it and watch it later so we can watch an episode of The Walking Dead together. We have to watch it on Netflix, though, because we're only on season 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's soooo good, Shana. I love binge watching on Netflix too. :)

      Delete
  2. Another Steeler fan here. Many times we get together with friends and family to watch the game. We had season tickets for 15 yrs. (until we started our family). Although my daughter married a Cincinnati fan which makes things complicated lol. I must admit I was not thrilled with one of the players the Steelers picked up this year but since he's not playing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I wasn't too thrilled about that either.

      I can't believe your daughter married a Cincinnati fan. That does make things a wee bit complicated.

      Delete
  3. Go Steelers! :) gotta watch them when I can since no longer in western PA and don't get to see them too often since local teams take precedence (though why anyone would want to watch any other game I have no idea). while I can watch other games when out, at home if the Steelers aren't on, then I'll read or watch something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is really strange is that he is from Pittsburgh. He said he started liking them as a young kid - I told him he probably just like their uniforms lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love college football especially Iowa Hawkeyes. They are hopefully going to be undefeated this year. One more game

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment