Skip to main content

An Ode to Spring, by Cheryl Brooks

Seems like a lot of us have been writing about Spring here on the Casablanca blog, but I'm beginning to think we aren't going to have one, mainly because we had Spring last Fall.

Remember when the rains finally came and the weather stayed warm into December, and then suddenly, it was winter? That's my prediction for this Spring/Summer season. One day, we'll be wearing our winter coats, and the next, we'll be in shorts. It all evens out eventually. Maybe not the way we want it to, but then, we've never had much control over Mother Nature, unless you want to count global warming, which is more pervasive than the day to day stuff.

I've already had my book release for the year, so I don't have anything to pimp, but I'm still getting reviews of Wildcat, most of which have been favorable. Next up is a self-pubbed contemporary erotic romance trilogy, and I hope to have the first one up by the end of April. I know a lot of people who've been able to quit their day jobs because of self-publishing royalties. Me, I did it backwards, quitting the night job before making my fortune as an author. Might be the worst mistake of my life or it could turn out to be the best. Only time will tell.

I only have one more book under contract with Sourcebooks. After the release of Rascal, I'll probably be leaving the Casablanca blog, which is sad because I'm one of the few originals left. I'm sure I'll miss all of you, but I'm not gone yet, and you never know what the future will bring.

We might even have Spring this year.

PS Here's a hunk for you, Amelia. *;) winking The rest of you can close your eyes.



Comments

  1. Whoa! Why would we close our eyes? That's the kind of eye candy I like to wake up to. Thanks, Cheryl!

    I'm sorry to hear you won't be here after the next book, but I understand it's sometimes just time to move on.

    Best of luck, roomie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Cheryl, he looks totally wolfish to me, and I'm going to have to analyze him further for...hmmm, maybe he's more jaguar shifter looking....

    Best of luck with whatever you decide to do, Cheryl! I know quitting the day job has been the best thing I ever could have done. Lots more time to write!!! And loving every minute of it! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for Spring to Burst out too!! We had it big time last year at this time. Grin and bare it CHERYL!! OH!! I see you did. And my eyes are wide open and loving every inch of maybe a wolf, maybe a cat or maybe...something else... entirely. Who's going to help me check his teeth and wrestle those shorts out of his hands?.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely wolfish. Love the eye candy! Yumalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot flashes! Hot flashes! Call the fire department to put them out! LOL!
    Good luck in all your endeavors and always sit beside me at book signings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. I hope it turns out to be a good move!

    And I'd always sit next to you at booksignings if they'd let me, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casablanca is CRAZY if they don't want you to continue the Cat Star Chronicles!! I surely want to read any and all of the future stories you write in that series!! Just sayin'.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment