Skip to main content

Challenging yourself

It is official. I have signed up to do Tough Mudder when it comes to Perth later this year. For those of you who don’t know what it is here’s a clip.


My friends’ reactions have ranged from “OMG you’re crazy” to “I’m doing it with you.” It’s so nice to have friends who’ll do a 15+km obstacle course with you :)…and hopefully we’ll still be friends afterwards.

When I first heard about the event I thought it sounded fun—as in the do it once in your life type fun (you know how some people jump out of a plane etc). And I’m sure I’ll get something useful out of it for my writing. I’m thinking it will probably involve pain and pushing past it…maybe trying to ignore my fear of heights too. And please let there be no snakes/spiders/other poisonous wildlife (this is Oz after all).

On the plus side the idea of entering got me running last year. I can now run 5km and I’m fitter than have been since having kids (seriously where did that decade go?).

Has anybody done the course? Any tips? Or is anyone thinking about doing Tough Mudder this year?

Comments

  1. I've done leadership reaction courses, obstacle courses and confidences courses--enough for a lifetime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fit enough to slog through the mud on the way to the barn, but that's about it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can do it. Sounds like you have been prepping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! That's way too much energy exertion for this old girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment