Skip to main content

Ta-ta for now!

by Libby Malin Sternberg
www.LibbysBooks.com
www.LibbysBooks.blogspot.com


Well, ladies, the time has come . . . to bid you all adieu.

As many of you know, I am dropping off the Casablanca Authors blog. I don't have another book coming out with Sourcebooks in the near future, so I'm going to exit stage right, leaving the spotlight to the many other wonderful authors who have lots to share with Casablanca book readers. I've had a blast being in your company and wish you all well!

I've summarized in a previous post what my future holds. But here's a quick recap for those who've missed it:

I have a historical women's fiction novel being released in the fall. Titled Sloane Hall (and written as Libby Sternberg, my married name), this book tells the tale of a chauffeur who falls in love with his Hollywood starlet employer just as she's about to make her first talking picture. Just when he thinks she's returning his affection, his heart is broken by secrets she hides from the camera and the world. Inspired by Jane Eyre, Sloane Hall tells a fresh tale of obsession and forgiveness.

I have high hopes for this novel because it's a real "book of my heart," one of those stories an author can't seem to shake off, no matter how many times people (agents, editors) tell her that it's not marketable. I blogged about how it came to sell over at my own blog -- it's worth a look for all you who struggle with rejection. Rejection made this manuscript stronger, and the advice of a rejecting editor eventually pointed me in the direction of a sale.

I also blog about its parallels to and differences from Jane Eyre, the classic Charlotte Bronte romance. If you're a Jane Eyre fan, you might enjoy this post here. And there's a lively discussion going on about favorite scenes from Bronte's novel and whether Jane was a feminist at this blog post.

In addition to Sloane Hall, I'm still learning how to market my Kindle exclusive mystery novella, Death Is the Cool Night. I've blogged about this experience as well -- why I came to put a book on Kindle myself, what I learned about the process, what other authors can accomplish in that new market.

As I work on these various promotional efforts, I continue to edit manuscripts for two publishing houses and write the occasional freelance article.

Oh, and I'm also excited to be helping my daughter, Hannah Sternberg, as she gets ready for the publication of her first novel, a YA, titled Queens of All the Earth.

So, although I'll be gone from this particular spot, you can probably find me around the internet somewhere. Stay in touch! Friend me on Facebook at Libby Malin Sternberg. I give away free books there occasionally!

Comments

  1. Best of luck to you, Libby, and congrats on the upcoming release of Sloan Hall! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby! Best wishes in your future writing success, Libby! Don't be a stranger!!! And good luck on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cheryl and Terry. Do stop by my blog from time to time. I'm writing more there and have been delighted by the response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...I too will miss your blogs here. They were always a joy to read. Good luck with your endeavors and well wishes for everything else. Come back and visit sometime. I'll look for you one the book shelves too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck Libby on all that you do. Good luck to your daughter too on her upcoming release.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks, ladies. As I said, I'll continue blogging -- over at www.LibbysBooks.blogspot.com -- so stop on by there on your various blog meanderings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Libby,
    You will be missed. Visit often and say hello. All good wishes for huge sales for your historical and all future books!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Libby!

    You sure have a full plate, congrats on all the good news and on your daughter's book! How exciting is that? Good luck with everything and keep in touch.

    Stop by the blog to say hi, we'll miss you!

    Hugs...Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never good bye, Libby.

    Your new book sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will be greatly missed, Libby. Your time with us was far too short and I am very sad to see you leave. Please pop in now and again to say howdy. I hope to see you at Nationals.

    All the best in your future endeavors! The new one sounds very interesting. I will keep it in mind for sure.

    Take care and God bless, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to see you leaving the blog, Libby. Your posts were always great fun.

    SUPER CONGRATS on your new release and all the best in your future writings.

    AC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck to you Libby & to your daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Libby, I'm sorry to see you go! Your posts were a blast. Sloane Hall sounds great, and I'll be sure to check it out. Best of luck and stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you all the best with your new projects! And congratulations to your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment