by Terry Spear
Woohoo, it's my birthday!! So have a piece of chocolate (only chocolate will do) cyber birthday cake on me!!!
Now a word about sexy shapeshifters~~
Years ago, I wrote a futuristic where the heroine shapeshifts into a panther and her brother, a dragon. So that was my first shapeshifter story. But I finally decided on werewolves. In part, because I loved reading mythology and legends when I was growing up, and partly because I loved Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London. The images he created for me about wolves stuck with me all those years, and I didn’t even realize it until I was asked so many times, why werewolves?
Because wolves can see better, hear better, sense smells better, run better…yet in some ways are like our steadfast companion dogs.
Okay, so Little Red Riding Hood comes to mind too. “All the better to see you with, my dear…” Or something to that effect. :)
But when I was creating my werewolf world, I wanted something that was as believable as a shapeshifter novel could get–and sexy. So lupus (Latin for wolves) garou (the French version is loup garou for werewolves) were born. And in this world, the werewolves are sexual creatures, they keep their shapeshifting abilities secret, and they have what I love to create most of all in my stories–a love for their mate that is for all time.
"Giving new meaning to the term alpha male"~~ that's my motto for these sexy creatures.
While I'm working on my wolf tales, and since I do that a lot, I think in Wolf Mode, all the time.
So when I came across this news story yesterday, it got me to thinking:
SW Airlines is now charging for on-board pet travel. I was surprised they hadn't charged for it before. But what if packs moved by plane...in their wolf form. I had the characters talking about the negative side of airline travel in Legend of the White Wolf, but what if...they took the plane in their wolf form and didn't have to pay full price! They'd probably have to be accompanied by another pack member in human form to get the cheaper rate, but hey, what a deal for a whole pack traveling on an airline! :)
That's the fun of writing fictional stories! Taking a snippet of the news and transforming it into a segment in your story. Never know, but I might just have a frugal wolf taking a trip soon on SW Airlines. :)
So if you are fortunate enough to hook up with one of these sexy characters, what can you expect from a Wolf (Were variety) when you're in his good graces?
1. He let's you rub his belly.
2. He's protective.
3. He lets you run with the pack.
4. He loves to snuggle on cold winter nights.
5. Loves to play, especially tug-of-war and tag. Only beware, he loves to win and and you will most assuredly be the prize...in a totally welcome way!
6. He's a little chauvinistic, which goes along with being an alpha male wolf type, which means you have to show you're just as alpha. And he'll love it!
7. Even though he pretends to be this macho guy, you can bowl him over with praise.
8. He likes to think he's always in charge, but suggest what you'd like to do, and later, he'll suggest the same thing, and tell him what a wonderful idea it is! He'll love you for it!
9. He's a little or a lot possessive.
10. And he loves sharing water with you...hot tubs, showers, a swim in the lake. :) Fishing, too.
So if you are fortunate enough to find your very own alpha wolf character, you have lots of fun ahead of you!
But now the question is: Are any of you already hooked up with a wolfish guy that sounds an awful lot like this list??? If so, ever find patches of fur around the house that doesn't belong to the household pet???