Skip to main content

A Wild Schedule for the Year and Next--and Jaguar Hunt is OUT!

 

When I stopped working the day job, one of the things I wanted to do was go to more reader conventions. Before that, I was working 40 hours a week on the day job, and 40 hours a week at writing, editing, and promoting. I knew something had to give.

The day job was out and full-time writing was in. I spend 80 hours a week at writing, editing, and promoting. And I love it! 

My promoting can be taking a trip to the zoo and posting pictures about it. Or of the stormy sky. Or downtown New Orleans, or of the Chicago skyline, or flowers in my garden. It's not all about writing about my books, but about me, my interests, and such. I love to share what I get to see with readers and hope they enjoy it too.

 2 bunnies cornfield (491x640)
 I went out to take pictures of the corn because it has gotten so tall and I caught these bunnies instead. Forget about the corn. :)

IMG_5996 (640x553)
 Okay, so here's one of the corn and the bunnies. They just hung around and even got really close.

tree branch shadow (640x480)

 
Chicago on Lake Michigan, tree branch art on the grass when I was at the Chicago writer's conference in April.

The Palmer House, supposed to be haunted, but we didn't see any ghosts. Loved the interior, gorgeous.

 IMG_5937 (640x427)
Downtown New Orleans, reflection of palm trees and buildings in the glass windows, and note the lovely contrast between old buildings and new?

terry man in elevator vintage (640x427) (2)

And me having fun in the elevator, I mean, the Clawed and Dangerous Kitty Cat Club in the jaguar series.

Last year, I went to RomCon, RWA, Authors After Dark (AAD), and Fresh Fiction's Readers & Ritas.

This year: Chicago writers' conference, Romantic Times Booklovers Convention, Dog Days of Summer (tomorrow), RWA, AAD, a trip to a Minnesota to see Donna and the wolf reserve near where she lives and have a book signing she arranged, and then Readers and Ritas, and that takes me through November. In December, it's Christmas, and no break there.

I decided to do fewer conferences next year so I can write more and so I've already booked: Coastal Magic, Barbara Vey's luncheon, a trip with fans to a New Mexico wolf reserve, RT and will be signing up for RomCon and Readers and Ritas. And I'm really, really trying to keep it at that. That means from Feb through June, I'm booked. And then I have the event in Nov.

Now, tomorrow is the Dog Days of Summer. The local library is putting it out and we will be sitting out in who knows what weather, so I'm hoping it won't be too beastly hot and it won't pour, because we'll be sitting outside in the sun. I have had dogs all my life and cats for years, but I have none now. But the librarian saw that I was local and she saw me posting about my grandpuppy, my daughter and SIL's puppy and invited me.
Photo: My daughter and Rilo giving High 5's!  :)
My daughter and Sir Rilo, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, 1 year old

 
Here he is at about 8 months old dressed up in bowtie.

So here I am writing about werewolves and jaguar shifters and I'm going! I do have Irish wolfhounds in my Highland wolf stories, and in The Highlander, medieval, I have a sheep herding dog as an important character in the story. So I'm in! I tried to find anyone I knew to come join me and sit there with a dog. But no such luck. Anyone want to visit me and bring your dog, and sit with me? Lunch after?

Besides, a canine is a canine is a canine. Though don't EVER tell a wolf that he is a dog. A wolf mates for life and so they don't like to be referred to as a dog in any way, shape or form. No dog naps, dog tired,  sick as a dog, dog tags, can you think of any other dog terms?

With the big cats, no problem! Big cats are cats in any way, shape, or form. They cat around, big cats, too, they take cat naps, they can be catty, you name it. Can you think of other cat terms?

So with the new release, I have a giveaway!

Jaguar Hunt-

An agent and a jaguar-shifter chase trouble, and each other, through the jungles of Belize… Agent Tammy Anderson has a reputation: she prefers to work alone. So when she’s paired up on a mission with jaguar-shifter David Patterson—who’s only recently been released from jail—to say she’s less than thrilled is a understatement. Until she realizes that this sexy agent has what it takes…
Soon, what started as an “easy” mission to locate a missing jaguar takes the pair to Belize, where they’re chasing down two renegade teen shifters who know more than they’re telling. As the action heats up, can they keep their minds on the job and off of each other?

Amazon

One lucky commenter will get an autographed copy of Jaguar Hunt! Thanks! 




Have a super great Friday the 13th!
Terry
“Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy is reality.”

Comments

  1. Terry, you are living my dream! I love hearing about your new 80 hour a week job :) working the job you love most. And I adore those bunnies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christy! Yeah, it is. When I get asked what I'd really want to do, I'm like nothing can be greater. The bunnies are cute!!! :) I was so surprised they were so unafraid of me. :)

      Delete
  2. Corgi! Corgi lover here. My Kylie is 14. Sir Rilo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri! I had a lot of fun playing with him over the weekend, once I got home from the dog event. He loves to play hide and seek with his ball, or with us. It's amazing really. The dogs I had would have been clueless. But it must be the herder instinct.

      Delete
  3. I love hearing about the animals - dog/cat/shifter whatever lol. And just love your covers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your pictures, Terry. I always look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thanks so much, Shana! I love taking them. Took some of mushrooms in the yard and more wildflowers. They make for a fun break from writing. :)

      Delete
  5. Great post! Could've gone all day without knowing today was a Friday the 13th, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun conventions

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading Jaguar Hunt. I love the wolf shifters, but I think big cats are my favorite. They're just so sleek and powerful. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I love the way they move. Dogs just aren't as flexible. :)

      Delete
  8. I love those pictures of the bunnies! We just had a family of bunnies living in our yard but I haven't seen them for the last 3 days or so. They were around for about 2 weeks and in that time we saw their bunnies come out to play! It was so adorable. But we also had these crows that were eying them too. I took to shooting water at the birds to help scare them away.

    Looking forward to reading Jaguar Hunt! Absolutely love the cover!!

    ahui89 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Ada, hope your bunnies are okay. We have hawks out here. My road runner took off. I'm hoping he found a mate. I haven't seen the bunnies in a little while. It's gotten so hot.

      Delete
  9. You are one busy lady. :) Loved all the pics and the puppy is too cute.
    Really love this series, big cats are my favorite shifters. Been eager to read so thanks for the giveaway.

    fsteph55(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! I was so busy, I totally forgot about the blog!!! :) Glad you are loving the series!! They have been a lot of fun to write!

      Delete
  10. You inspire me. I enjoy your blog and books. I am glad that your dream has become a reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon! :) I love to hear that I inspire! And yes, the dream has definitely come true!!! :)

      Delete
  11. I love the covers of your new series, I keep seeing your beautiful photos of jaguars on Facebook! Looking forward to read this one! I love stories with shifters, they are so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I agree about the series. They do a lovely job. :) The jaguars are beautiful and in real life, mysterious. I think that's what makes them so much fun to write about! :)

      Delete
  12. You have great books. Though I haven't read this series yet, I would say based on your other series, this will rock just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, thanks so much, Kimi!!! I'm thrilled you're loving the wolves! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment