Hi, everyone! This is my first post on the Casablanca Authors blog, and I’m so glad to be in the company of these writers. My first Sourcebooks historical romance, IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE, will be published on September 3, 2013—and with more books to come after that, I hope to get to know all the lovely readers and writers on this blog much better over time.
So it’s only polite that I introduce myself first, right? Here are a few essential facts about me:
1. Pay no attention to that author photo in the sidebar. Here’s what I REALLY look like.
I drew that myself, and I think it's a pretty good likeness. Unless you ask my young daughter (known online as Little Miss R). Here’s what SHE thinks I look like.
At least she sees me as joyful, right?
2. I’m left-handed. My husband (known online as Mr. R) is what you might call a northpaw. I tend to notice whenever people in movies and TV shows are left-handed. He tends to be uninterested in this information.
3. Old movies fascinate me. Not just classics from Hollywood’s golden age, but even older films from the silent era. If I ever write an Edwardian romance, surely all of that old-movie-watching will come in handy as research!
4. Before I became a romance writer, I racked up degrees in psychology, English, and history. I worked in libraries and academic medicine for a while, but writing what I love to read—historical romance—is the best job I’ve ever had.
5. Besides reading romance, I’m a big fan of narrative nonfiction. Really, anything that will make me say, “That sounds interesting.” And a lot of things make me say that. J Books about art forgery? Baseball card collecting? The history of salt? Bring it on. (Mr. R likes all this too, so you might not be surprised to learn that our first date featured a trivia game.)
And a bonus fact…
6. I’m not a big gifts person…except for books. I love to get books as presents; I love to hear which books my friends are enjoying so I can snap those up. And I love to give away books, too.
I’ve hoarded an advance copy of IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE, and I want to give it away to one of you! To be entered, just leave a comment telling me something about yourself. A talent you have, a favorite movie, your favorite dessert…it’s all good.
International entrants are welcome. From all comments, I’ll choose one winner at random at noon ET on Thursday, June 11. I’ll post the winner’s name as a comment on this post too, so please check back.
Thanks for joining me today! I’m so pleased to meet you all.
IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE
WOOING THE WRONG WOMAN…
Henry Middlebrook is back from fighting Napoleon, ready to re-enter London society where he left it. Wounded and battle weary, he decides that the right wife is all he needs. Selecting the most desirable lady in the ton, Henry turns to her best friend and companion to help him with his suit…
IS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE…
Young and beautiful, war widow Frances Whittier is no stranger to social intrigue. She finds Henry Middlebrook courageous and manly, unlike the foppish aristocrats she is used to, and is inspired to exercise her considerable wit on his behalf. But she may be too clever for her own good, and Frances discovers that she has set in motion a complicated train of events that’s only going to break her own heart…