And if you think I'm referring to Christmas, you're wrong! Despite "much mistletoe-ing" and "hearts glowing" in December, Thanksgiving is the holiday to rule all holidays, and I'm going to prove it to you! So sit back, grab a slice of pumpkin pie, and prepare to be enlightened, friends, for I give you:
The Top Five Reasons Why Thanksgiving is the Best Holiday Ever
1. No presents. I love giving to others, but the pressure of finding The Perfect Gift for dozens of friends, colleagues, business associates, and family members makes me want to hide beneath my desk and assume the fetal position. Can't we just stand in a big circle and pass a $20 bill to the person on our left? Guess not. But that's what makes Thanksgiving so awesome: We get to relax with our families and enjoy a good meal without the stress (and expense) of gift giving.
2. Football. I don't like tossing the pigskin, nor do I enjoy watching it, but I will gladly rest my head in hubby's lap and snooze on the sofa with the game playing in the background. It's a win-win!
3. Turkey. Remember the dad in A Christmas Story--the guy who keeps nibbling at the turkey before it's done cooking? Like "the old man," I am a bona-fide turkey FREAK. I'd roast a turkey every single day if I could. Don't believe me? Here's photographic evidence of my passion:
|Note the borderline maniacal turkey-lust in my eyes.|
4. Autumn is superior to winter. Do we really need to debate this point? I think not. /gavel
5. Low stress. Between the parties, baking, shopping, decorating, wrapping, mailing cards, and having the kids home from school for two weeks, I often feel like I need a vacation after Christmas is over. But when Thanksgiving's over, I'm already counting the days until next November. Then I make a turkey sandwich and reflect that life is good!
How about it, guys? Have I convinced you? Which holiday rates the highest on your list?
Macy Beckett writes hot & humorous southern romance set in Sultry Springs, Texas, where first loves find second chances. Her debut novel, SULTRY WITH A TWIST, is now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Indie Bound and several other retailers. Book 2 in the series, A SHOT OF SULTRY, is now available for pre-order. Macy loves to keep in touch with readers on Facebook and Twitter, so stop by and say hello!