Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and when you’ve been married or with your partner as long as I have, your days are often spent juggling work, kids, the dog, and what to watch on Netflix with your hubby that weekend. The hearts and roses of Valentine’s Days are sometimes a thing of the past. But if they’re not…
Five things my husband should NEVER do for me on Valentine’s Day (and one thing he can always do!):
1. Never give me a cute, cuddly stuffed bear that says I love you on its belly… unless the bear is chocolate and stuffed with yummy goodness. How about just saying I love you on your own and giving me a nighttime cuddle?
2. Never take me to dinner and give me a single rose that I have to carry around with me for hours afterward. The rose will become a nuisance, the thorns will prick my fingers, and the petals will wilt like overcooked perogies. However, if it was a chocolate rose…
3. Never plan a fancy evening that requires me to shave my legs, paint my toenails, pull on pantyhose and apply eye shadow without wrangling the kids for me when I’m getting ready. It’s hard enough having a regular shower with the kids coming in every two minutes, let alone when I’m trying to buff five months of calluses from my heels!
4. Never plan an evening out for me and then leave it to me to find a babysitter—surprise me with the whole package!
5. Never underestimate how romantic two tubs of Häagen-Dazs and a night binge-watching Game Of Thrones can be.
6. And if in doubt… Always give me chocolate.
Alyson McLayne writes historical romance set in the Highlands of Scotland. Highland Conquest, Book 2 in her series, The Sons Of Gregor MacLeod, is out now!
He was looking for vengeange…
Laird Lachlan MacKay never planned on leading his clan, but when his older brother was murdered, he was left with no choice. His vow to avenge his brother has led him to the MacPherson clan—and their bewitching healer, Amber.
Instead, he found her
Amber MacPherson is desperate. Dressed as a boy to escape her clan's treacherous leader, she runs right into Lachlan—who orders her detained. At first she causes him nothing but frustration, especially when she blackmails him into helping her clan. But when she’s threatened by the same man who murdered his brother, Lachlan will do whatever it takes to keep her safe—and by his side.
Snag your copy today!
Alyson McLayne is a mom of twins and an award-winning writer of contemporary, historical, and paranormal romance. She’s also a dog lover and cat servant with a serious stash of dark chocolate. After getting her degree in theater at the University of Alberta, she promptly moved to the West Coast of Canada where she worked in film for several years and met her Prop Master husband.
She and her family reside in Vancouver with their sweet but troublesome chocolate lab puppy named Jasper.
Please catch up with Alyson on social media. She loves chatting with her readers!