The Power of a SEAL, book 5 in Anne Elizabeth's West Coast Navy SEALs series, is out today!
With over two decades of experience, Navy SEAL Leaper Lefton is bringing his expertise to young and impressionable SEAL trainees in BUD/s. As an instructor, he knows he must prepare them for all kinds of situations—and there’s a perfect opportunity for hands-on training when he spots a woman in danger in rough water. Kerry Hamilton, a marine mammal veterinarian for the U.S. Navy is beyond grateful when Leaper saves her from the rough seas, and their attraction is instant. But after everything Leaper has been through, can he truly love again? And is Kerry willing to give him the chance?
Anne is here to tell us her top favorite reader moments!
- Hugging a reader and learning how my book made a difference. I've become emotional in front of some of my favorite writers before and to have that happen to me with a reader as she's stood in front of me...I am and always will be deeply honored.
- Hearing about a reader's connection to the military. There are many parallels in the military in terms of life challenges, especially on home front, and it's wonderful to listen to someone chat about his or her life.
- Learning the particulars of how a romance story touches a reader's life. Every year--usually in December--I give out free copies of my book at Naval Air Station North Island. Last year, I had a sailor walk up to me and thank me, before I could even offer him a book. He said I signed a book for him last year and he gave it to his wife. They read it together and enjoyed it so much that they worked their way through the whole series and are branching out into other writers, too. Reading together, certain chapters each night, has made them feel more connected both on deployments and at home. In my opinion, that's super-romantic and very, very cool!!!
- Being informed that one of my books is the subject of a book group's discussion. One of the reasons I write books is that I love to read. When a friend of friend told me that her book group had just read A SEAL FOREVER and they were all in love with the hero was a terrific surprise. She had a long list of questions, which were a blast to answer, and now they are waiting for THE POWER OF A SEAL. I hope I can surprise them by sending them early copies as a 'thank you' gift for their support and joy.
- Being an inspiration or sharing information to encourage other writers to follow his or her dream of writing. Throughout the years, I've given on the craft of writing. As writers, it's so important to pass the knowledge on and to see others reach forward and succeed. This is the last book of my series and I hope there are other writers out there who will pick up the torch to inspire and teach, because fulfilling that dream is one of the most special feelings in the world and I believe there's a special story inside of us all.
Thank you for reading the West Coast Navy SEAL Romance Series - The Personal Side of a SEAL. It's been an amazing experience to share these journeys and to celebrate romance, the military, Sourcebooks, and reading. Live boldly, and have a blessed holiday season!
~Hooyah & Hugs! Anne Elizabeth
New York Times bestselling author Anne Elizabeth is an award-winning romance author and a popular comic creator. With a BS in business and MS in communications from Boston University, she is a regular presenter at conventions as well as a member of the Author’s Guild, Horror Writers Association, and Romance Writers of America. Anne lives with her husband, a retired Navy SEAL, in the mountains above San Diego.
Snag your copy of The Power of a SEAL today!