Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving from Sourcebooks Casablanca Authors







Happy Thanksgiving! I love, love this time of year. One special treat will be hosting my sister and her two daughters. We've made our plans, which includes a baking day. My sister, Jodi, will make a cherry pie (she's famous for them). I plan to experiment with more Georgian era recipes with the help of my nieces. We're going the old fashioned route and baking our pumpkins (as opposed to using canned stuff for pumpkin desserts). It's a noticeable difference in flavor.

From my family to yours, we wish you a Happy, Wonderful Thanksgiving!      ~Gina Conkle



At Thanksgiving time I often think of my mother's mother, whose house we visited for so many holidays. She always made sure each family member had their favorite food at the feast. Mine was a "salad" made with lime jello, crushed pineapple, and cottage cheese.
I don't know if I could face it now, but I loved it as a child. And it sure seemed a better choice then my brother's green bean casserole with canned mushroom soup and french fried onion topping. Ick!

* * * *




Have a joyous, gratitude-filled Thanksgiving.
Jane Ashford




* * * *


Thanksgiving is a special time for me. My heart overflows with gratefulness--that I live in this country and enjoy the freedom to celebrate as I wish. Thankful for my family and for good health. For being able to continue to write my stories.

But most of all, I'm thankful for readers. I have the best ones on earth. Without them, I'd have no need to write.

Blessings to all!
Linda Broday



* * * *


Thanksgiving means family and now we have a new addition!!  Happy Thanksgiving! Terry Spear

* * * *



Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I'm Canadian and we already celebrated our Thanksgiving back in October. I took my son and daughter to the pumpkin patch/farm and here are a few of my favorite photos from the day (and a favorite conversation!).

I am grateful for so much this year—my first book, Highland Promise, came out with Sourcebooks, we got a puppy, and my kiddos started Kindergarten!! But the biggest thing I'm grateful for is just them—I'm grateful to be their mom. 💕💕💕
                                        —Alyson McLayne


                                 



Maddie: What kind of bird is that?
Me: A turkey.
Maddie: Just like our turkey that we bought for Thanksgiving!
Me: Um...not exactly.


* * * *

I always feel a little guilty about Thanksgiving because I contribute almost nothing except my delightful company. My father-in-law is a great cook and he loves going all out for the holidays, so all I have to do is show up with a bottle of wine and my annual dinner contribution.
Because nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like turkey-shaped butter.

Happy feasting, everyone!
Tamara Morgan

* * * *

Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving guys! I didn't post because we don't have it here in the UK but wishing you all a great celebration xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment