Skip to main content

When the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

I knew from the time I was pretty young that I loved to write.  I enjoyed writing stories and I loved to read.  As I grew up, my love of both grew.  Then, as a parent, I hoped that my love of these things would possibly pass on to my kids.  As a mom of two boys, I wasn't so sure that would happen.

But lo and behold, it did.

For at least one of them.

I have shared in the past that I found my inspiration to take the step into self-publishing thanks to my students.  You see, I homeschooled my older son for ten years and I taught creative writing to homeschoolers for most of that time.  Those amazing kids were self-publishing and putting their work out there so I thought it was time I did too.

But I digress...

After I released my first book - JORDAN'S RETURN - my son decided to put his love of writing to work and wrote a book of his own.  He never published it, but the accomplishment he felt in having done it stayed with him.  Now, some six years later, he got together with some local film students and turned that book into a movie!!  How stinkin cool is that???  Here is the trailer for Blue Eyes:


I teased him when he told me that he was doing it because it was right around the same time my book THE CHRISTMAS COTTAGE got optioned by Hallmark.  I said, "You couldn't just let me have my moment, could you?"  And honestly, if I have to get upstaged by anyone, I am so happy that it's him.  It is an incredible feeling to be inspired by your own child and I think back to the boy he was as I look at the man he's become and I am in awe of him.  I honestly believe that he will be one of those rare people who will look back on his life with little to no regret because he continues to reach for his dreams and tries everything.

And that's a far cry from the small boy who used to be afraid of his own shadow!

So yes, this is a proud mom post but I will add as a small side-note that I am also anxiously awaiting the release of The Christmas Cottage.  It is scheduled on the Hallmark Movies & Mystery Channel for Sunday, December 10th at 9 pm!!  EEK!!  
And I don't know about you, but I tend to always read the book before the movie.  Okay, sometimes I read it afterwards to see if they got it right.  LOL!  So if you're like me, you should totally pick up a copy and check it out before December 10th.  You can get your copy here:
https://www.chasing-romance.com/the-christmas-cottage 
Happy Reading, everyone!!


Comments