Skip to main content

HOLIDAY SPICE: The countdown is on!!

Do you ever feel like some things take FOREVER to get here?  This is one of those times...

HOLIDAY SPICE is book six in my Shaughnessy Brothers series and oddly enough, doesn't focus on a Shaughnessy brother, but instead, a Shaughnessy sister.  The lone sister - Darcy.   I have been planning her story almost since she first appeared on the page back in book one (MADE FOR US) and I have loved watching her grow and evolve over the course of the series.  Giving her the spotlight this time around has been pure joy.


Darcy Shaughnessy has gotten used to her overbearing brothers chasing away any man she wants to date. But a chance meeting with a brooding — and deliciously handsome — artist is about to make this holiday season one to remember.

There's only one thing Benjamin Tanner loves more than his woodcarving: solitude. Then he gets snowed in with Darcy in his cozy cabin in the woods, and their heated feelings begin to melt the icy barrier between them.

With Ben's need for privacy and Darcy's love of family and social life, will opposites still attract once the snow clears and the holiday festivities come to an end?


Are you ready for more?  Here's a little excerpt:


Darcy turned her head and looked at him with a sleepy smile.

He was in serious trouble.

“Hey,” she said softly.

“Hey, yourself.” Without thinking, Ben simply shifted them until she rolled over and was tucked in at his side. There was so much he wanted to say and yet not. The silence was comfortable, and honestly, he was already letting his hands roam up and down her back and her arms, and the softness of her skin was enough to entrance him.

With a small kiss on his chest, she looked up at him. “So…”

Clearly, she was a talker. But rather than respond, Ben arched a brow at her and waited.

She settled against him. “I guess you liked the cake, huh?”

That was the last thing he expected her to say, and he lost it—completely laughed out loud. When he felt her body shaking with laughter beside him, he decided Darcy Shaughnessy brought something to his life he hadn’t realized he’d been missing.

Excitement.
Laughter.
Joy.

“Technically,” he began after a moment, “I never got to taste it.”

“There was the icing,” she corrected. “And you did mention how you tend to eat more of that than anything.”

“It’s really good icing.”

Shaking her head, she made a tsking sound. “Clearly, you’ve never had real icing.”

Ben lifted his head and looked at her. “Are you telling me there is something better out there than icing in a can? Because I’m finding it hard to believe. That’s been my dirty little secret for years.”

In a move he didn’t see coming, she chuckled and then shifted to straddle him until they were chest to chest. “Thats your dirty little secret?” She shook her head. “We’re going to have to work on that.”

Now it was his turn to shake his head. “Uh-uh. That’s the extent of keeping secrets for me.” His tone went serious, more so than he had intended. “I don’t do secrets. My life is an open book. I enjoy my privacy, but what you see is what you get with me. No lies. No pretense.” He paused. “No games.”

The playful expression was gone as she considered him.

“I wanted you from the first moment I saw you,” he said, carefully watching her reaction. “It bothered the hell out of me when your attitude toward me changed, but it didn’t stop the want.”

“So this was to prove—”

“No,” he immediately interrupted with an edge to his voice. “This wasn’t about proving anything. This happened because I find you fascinating and beautiful and sexy as hell. This happened because you’re all I’ve been able to think about.” One hand anchored in her tousled hair and gripped it lightly. “And it’s going to happen again, because I love the way you feel in my arms and when you’re completely wrapped around me.”

He pulled her head down and kissed her with a ferocity he didn’t recognize in himself. And when they broke apart, panting, Ben positioned her so her forehead rested against his.

“And I love the sounds you make,” he stated. “And I want to hear them again.”

Darcy’s gasp was soft, her eyes wide. Ben could tell she was trying to come up with something to say, but he didn’t want that. He didn’t want her coming up with something she thought she should say—he wanted her honesty. The kind of thing that would simply slip out unfiltered.

So rather than wait, he kissed her again. Rolled her beneath him.

And did his best to keep her from thinking of anything other than him for the next several hours.

Ooo...just when it was getting good, right??  Well, how about this - how about a giveaway to make up for not giving you more of the story??  How about I give THREE lucky readers, a SIGNED copy of HOLIDAY SPICE???  Sound fair??


GIVEAWAY CLOSED!!  WINNERS ARE Katie Chapman, Glenda & Chelci!  CONGRATULATIONS!!  Please reach out to me on FB to claim your books!!

In the meantime, you can preorder HOLIDAY SPICE right now and it will be out on Tuesday, October 3rd!  


Happy Reading and Good Luck!!

Comments

  1. Love Actually is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch Love Actually, The Holiday, Christmas with the Kranks year round..... among others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m a sucker for cute Hallmark movies with a HEA. My favorite holiday movie is titled The Nine Lives of Christmas.
    -Susan S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the launch!
    I've loved Darcy in the other books. (Yes, I read them!) and I can't wait to read her story too!
    And Ben sounds like the kind of Alpha I can enjoy. Confident, but not a jerk.
    Off to B&N.com to put it on my nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post earlier and I think you're brilliant! And thank you!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Glenda, you are one of the winners!! Please message me on Facebook!! thanks!!

      Delete
  6. So many great holiday movies out there, but top 3 favorites are Love Actually, The Holiday, Christmas Vacation and Last Holiday. Ok 4, I gave you 4 of my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a tradition at our house to put on Christmas vacation while trimming the tree! Thanks for the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. The holiday is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Holiday but really any of the Hallmark Christmas movies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elf or Home Alone. We watch them as a family every year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Home Alone and Miracle on 34th Street

    ReplyDelete
  13. White Christmas and hallmark movirs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love The Holiday the most, but I watch all of them. And the Hallmark Channel's Christmas romance movies are a must see for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be looking for my movie this year - The Christmas Cottage! It will be on December 16th on Hallmark Movies & Mystery channel!

      Delete
  15. I have several depending on the mood, but one I always watch when it's on is 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'. It's funny and just so silly and chaotic. Like family, lol.

    Congrats on this upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christmas Vacation! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Christmas Card. I ADORE that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scrooged(Put a Little Love on your ❤️) and The Family Man!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are sooo many but probably Home Alone. We watch it every year. I know many people don't consider it a Christmas movie but we do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love watching all Hallmark Christmas movies. They always add a warm and cozy feeling to the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  22. White Christmas! It’s a family singalong favorite 😊

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all Christmas movies but a few favorites are White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, any and Hallmark movies.

    ReplyDelete
  24. White Christmas is my Mom favorite movie and I can still remember the year she invited me to stay up and watch it with her. I felt like such a big girl. Mom and I sitting on the sofa watching it. My sister's in bed and my Dad in the bedroom watching something on the little black & white tv. Love that movie!Thank you for the chance! Warmly, Millie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its A wonderful Life..

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't know if I have one specific favorite, but I love watching all of the Hallmark Christmas Movies. Some of them I could watch more than once. I also like to watch Elf at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Holiday is one of my favorite romcom Christmastime movies.

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite hoilday movie is the Grinch !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment