Skip to main content

Happy Summer

What's your favorite thing to do over the summer?

I love to take walks in the green trees of my mountains, and dip my feet in cool streams. I love visiting my family near the beach, and I love going to summer blockbusters.

I have recently bought a house, so I am going to enjoy gardening soon. I want to plant a rose garden, and set up a Japanese rock garden.


I also love reading old favorites...books I love that soothe me when I need to relax. This week I am re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse books and loving them.

I also love watching favorite movies...anything by Jane Austen in right in my wheelhouse.


So happy summer to you, whatever pleasures it brings.




Ever since Christy English picked up a fake sword in stage combat class at the age of fourteen, she has lived vicariously through the sword-wielding women of her imagination. Sometimes an actor, always a storyteller, Christy works happily with Sourcebooks Casablanca to bring the knife-throwing women of her novels to life. A banker by day and a writer by night, she loves to eat chocolate, drink too many soft drinks, and walk the mountain trails of her home in western North Carolina.

Comments