Skip to main content

For the Love of a Viking

This is Gina Conkle posting on behalf of Asa Maria Bradley and her amazing Vikings. We both love
Click this link to get the book on Amazon.
HOT alpha male heroes from the icy north.



Asa is from Sweden, and I've only visited. Asa's been to Iceland, and I'm planning to go, possibly next winter!



It can't be so bad. I'm a southern California transplant to Michigan. I can make the leap from mid-North American climes to the edge of the Arctic Circle, right?







Black Beach in Iceland. Beautiful.


Iceland has been on my list of places to see for over two decades. The landscape is amazing. While I'm at it, I might add a hop over to Greenland, but I'll save that for summer. In fact, I want a winter, summer, spring, and fall visit to Iceland. I've been following the Icelandic Writers Retreat since its inception in 2014. The Prime Minister of Iceland of spoke at one of their conferences. They take writing seriously there. It is the homeland of Snorri Sturluson, the medieval Viking who first put the sagas to paper.

That's not a Lord of the Rings fantasy pic. It's Iceland.










And what's not to love about seeing Viking ancestors? The Vikings were huge. Highlanders owe their size to the genetic infusion of Vikings in northern Scotland. In fact, the Faroe Islands identify ethnically more with their Scandic forebearers than the Gaels further south.






Here's one time Norwegian sailor, Lasse Matberg who broke the internet. If a picture's worth a 1000 words, 999 of them say "Viking" when it comes to him.


So, here's to Viking men and women who kick butt and take names in books and in history.

My Viking hero is below (Hakan of Uppsala in the year 1022).

Happy summer!
Stay cool with a Viking-
Asa & Gina




Click this link to find the book on Amazon.









Comments