Skip to main content

Spring in My Step by Shana Galen

Spring is my favorite time of year. The weather is beautiful, and I love being outside. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the weather and stay productive is to take an afternoon walk. When I start feeling tired and sluggish after lunch, I get the dog's leash and we head out.

One of my favorite places to walk is Rice University.



It's not far from me, and the paths are beautiful.



All of the trees create a gorgeous canopy that provides really nice shade and lots of places for birds and squirrels to frolic. The dog loves that!



Walking also helps me keep on track when I'm writing. I can work out plot problems or brainstorm ideas for new books. There's something about movement that engages my brain. And the scenery isn't bad either!

Texas Bluebonnets

Comments