I’ve Had the Time of My Life!
Okay, so I’m not talking about Dirty Dancing, although I have to admit I’ve watched that film way too many times! Instead, I’m talking about my Magnolia Brides series. Book three, Picture Perfect Wedding, is out, and I couldn’t be happier. Writing this series, spending time with Tansy and Beck and their friends in Misty Bottoms, Georgia, wrapped up in all things bridal has been so much fun. I hope that when you read this book and the first two in the series, The Best Laid Wedding Plans and Every Bride Has Her Day, you’ll enjoy them with me!
Newly divorced single mother, Tansy Calhoun Forbes has gone from a forty-five-hundred square foot home to her SUV and the contents of a few suitcases—without a single regret. She’s returning home to Misty Bottoms in Georgia’s Low Country to start a new life and a new business, baking wedding cakes for Magnolia House’s brides and their grooms. The only fly in the ointment? Beck Elliot, her former fiancé and the only man she’s ever loved, the man she betrayed.
Picture Perfect Wedding takes place in the fall, so how perfect is that? While the temperature grows cooler and pumpkins and fall leaves pop up in our lives, they do in Tansy’s, too.
In the autumn, our thoughts turn to pot roasts and chili…and spice cakes. At Sweet Dreams, Tansy has perfected her spice cake with its honey/cream cheese frosting, and she’s agreed to share her recipe with you!
Spice Cake with honey/cream cheese frosting
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees; grease a bundt pan
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 15oz. can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp pumpkin-pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add dry ingredients one cup at a time to creamed mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and raisins by hand.
- The batter is thick. Pour or spoon into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto serving plate.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, honey and vanilla until smooth, then spread on top of the cooled spice cake and enjoy! Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream makes a nice addition—along with a cup of Tansy’s special blend coffee!
I’m looking forward to seeing y’all in Misty Bottoms!
Title: Picture Perfect Wedding
Series: Magnolia Brides, #3
Author: Lynnette Austin
Pub Date: November 1, 2016
Third in the heartfelt and charming Magnolia Brides series from Lynnette Austin
One mistake can change everything…forever
Beck Elliot and Tansy Calhoun were inseparable—until Tansy left Misty Bottoms, Georgia, promising to come back after she finished school. Beck stayed behind to save the family business, dreaming of the day when Tansy would return. Instead, his trust and his heart were broken when she inexplicably married another man and bore his child.
Five years later, Tansy comes home, a sadder and wiser woman. Despite his anger, Beck finds it hard to avoid her and her adorable little daughter—especially with all the busybodies of Misty Bottoms going out of their way to throw him and Tansy together, hoping a lingering spark will reignite their enduring flame…
LYNNETTE AUSTIN gave up the classroom to write full time. An author of eight novels, she has been a finalist in RWA’s Golden Heart Contest, PASIC’s Book of Your Heart Contest, and Georgia Romance Writers’ Maggie Contest. She and her husband divide their time between Southwest Florida’s beaches and Blairsville, GA.