But as all good things come to a close, they must also start with a strong beginning. And who stronger than Landon Donnigan to kick off the series? He's a former Marine major medically retired due to a bullet to the knee.
Landon is strong, confident, and feels a vast sense of responsibility for his family. I just loved how he and Ava strike sparks off each other. If Ava sounds familiar to any of you, it’s because Dr. Ava Rosenthal helped Beth and James McCauley get through a rough patch in their marriage (in Ruining Mr. Perfect). I had so much fun bringing back characters from that series to play in this new one.
It’s like six degrees of separation with a McCauley!
- Theo is a McCauley cousin, and Flynn and Brody fought over keeping him as a business apprentice in The Troublemaker Next Door and How to Handle a Heartbreaker.
- Ava is the counselor who helps Beth and James iron out some personal issues in Ruining Mr. Perfect.
- Sophie Ayers, sister to Beth McCauley and Linda Donnigan, is dating Liam Webster--Del’s dad. Del fell in love with Mike McCauley in What to Do with a Bad Boy.
- Landon runs into Sam in this book. Sam works for Del and was briefly mentioned in What to Do with a Bad Boy.
- Rena, Del’s cousin, is a waitress at Ray’s Bar, where Landon and his brother run into her.
- The gym Landon works out in is Jameson's Gym, which ties into my series The Works (not a McCauley tie-in, but a tie-in nonetheless)
For more about Landon and Ava, check out A SURE THING, which releases November 1st!
With the eldest Donnigan brothers adjusting to civilian life, their younger sister constantly in trouble, and their little brother clueless about life in general, falling in love is the last thing on anyone's mind...
Can this Bossy Badass Marine...
The Marine Corps was everything Landon Donnigan ever wanted in life...until a bullet sent him home with a medical discharge. Teaching a self-defense class at the gym is old-hat for a Marine, but when he meets sexy Ava Rosenthal, his combat skills are useless for protecting his heart.
Be her Mr. Right?
Ava can take care of herself and likes quiet, bookish men-not muscular warriors who think women need to be coddled. But Landon is more than he seems, and when they come together, the results are explosive.