Skip to main content

What Did You Do This Summer?

It's the first question every kid gets asked when they return to school. What did you do this summer?  It starts off as a fun question and usually ends up being the first essay.

So as summer is winding down, I wanted to share with you some of the highlights from my summer.  One of the best events for me was the release of If the Earl Only Knew!  I know I'm biased, but I love this book.  Kate is absolutely one of my favorite heroines.  Yes, I like them feisty!

Our big vacation/work trip this summer was to drive down to San Diego for the Romance Writers of America Annual Conference. It was truly amazing. So much information, so many good people!

Here I am at the Casablanca Author dinner next to Shana Galen and Theresa Romain - both were RITA nominees for Earls Just Want to Have Fun and Secrets of a Scandalous Heiress, respectively. I admit, I was hoping to catch some of the some of the positive mojo from these two talented ladies!



Along the way on our trip I got a chance to visit the new Harry Potter World at Universal Studios. Fabulous! I can definitely recommend the frozen Butterbeer. The huge simulation ride I passed on though - I knew my stomach wouldn't handle it. My DH rode it once and came off a little green. My kids though went on at least three times and LOVED it.

Back at home we had some upheaval as we decided to remodel the bathroom. Our house was built in the era when the "open concept" bathroom was in style. Yup, the bedroom basically opened up into the bathroom, so I could lie in bed and watch my DH floss his teeth. Not good people, not good.  So for the sake of our marriage and to alleviate crimes against decency, we have now enclosed our bathroom.

Here is a before pic.  I know. Bad.

Here it is being framed out.  We did a lot of the work ourselves to try to reduce costs.



My DH sprained his ankle on the weekend we planned to install the hardwood floor in the bedroom so I stepped up to the plate!

So here is a picture of the finished product.  Yes, it's just a wall.  Not very exciting to most folks but see that door to the bathroom?  That's a huge joy for me!



I love my new bathroom.  Love, love, love!!




Soooo, what did you do this summer?



Comments

  1. Went camping and took care of my mom after surgery. We are currently in the process of trying to buy a house closer to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your mom will have a speedy recovery. Sounds like you are a really good daughter!

      Delete

Post a Comment