Skip to main content

Olympics and Sports in Romance

I've never written a sports-themed romance but the Rio Olympics have put me in the mood.

There's Water Polo (drool)!

Fencing and Archery (fun for historical fans)!




Diving and Swimming (does a body good)!


Rugby (All those Alphas)!

And of course, Gymnastics! The women are amazing athletes, and they can dance, too. (Is it fair that the women have to dance through their floor routines but the men just tumble? Oh well).

And we're just getting into Track and Field.

But I'm not sure I've seen a lot of these Olympic sports represented in romance. There is baseball, hockey, football, and NASCAR in romance.

What's your favorite sport to read? Or do you prefer your romance without athletes? What are you enjoying most about the Olympics?


Comments

  1. I don't like sports, but there are authors who write books with sports in them that I read because I like the author's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow a lot of sports romance, but I'm seeing an increase in rugby from authors I know. And PBR.

    I'm a sports mom--that's where I get my sports. lol

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a football fan, but when I needed a pro athlete hero, I picked baseball. Someone at SB had just done a football hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might not write them, but I'm going to read! Looking these up. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love Susan Elizabeth Phillip's sports romances, of course! I'm also a big fan of Julie Brannagh's fictional Seattle football team series, even though I'm not a football fan. :-)

    And your pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment