Skip to main content

Summer Indulgence

This week my fellow authors have put some amazing recipes on this blog...I want to drink rose hip mead while eating that luscious soup! I have not been cooking much, but I have been enjoying fresh fruit...so delicious...


Two Healthy Kitchens provides this beautiful photo of blueberries and watermelon, two of my main luxuries this summer. Along with chocolate, of course. But chocolate brings me joy all year round.

Thanks to Dreamstime, here's an  image of another of my summer pleasures, cantaloupe. I eat this almost every morning with my breakfast and I love it.



Another way I've been spoiling myself and enjoying the heat is by walking at the Biltmore House. The grounds are lovely and the river follows along part of the property and draws me to it with the lovely sound of flowing water. I work up an appetite strolling along the grounds, but instead of fruit, I usually eat ice cream afterward. Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite.

What's your favorite indulgence?

Ever since Christy English picked up a fake sword in stage combat class at the age of fourteen, she has lived vicariously through the sword-wielding women of her imagination. Sometimes an actor, always a storyteller, Christy works happily with Sourcebooks Casablanca to bring the knife-throwing women of her novels to life. A banker by day and a writer by night, she loves to eat chocolate, drink too many soft drinks, and walk the mountain trails of her home in western North Carolina.




Comments

  1. I want to walk at Biltmore! I love fresh cherries this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you are in NC we'll do it! It is a gorgeous place :)

      Delete
  2. That is gorgeous! The fruit looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having happy fruit fits every day, Ashlyn :)

      Delete

Post a Comment