Monday, December 7, 2015

The Rogues say [cue seductive voice] HELLO!

Happy Holidays Everyone! Since we're all busy in December, I thought I'd do a holiday quickie for you! Guess what it is:

A. Gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh for everyone!
B. Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza baskets for everyone!
C. Coal for everyone because I'm in a cranky mood.
D. The deleted opening for One Rogue at a Time. http://jadeleeauthor.com/project/one-rogue-time/


Answer: D  -- My new book One Rogue at a Time is out and you can read how it originally opened at the link above. As for all the other choices -- have you ever smelled frankincense and myrrh? Yuck! And honestly, where do you get a lump of coal these days? Do they sell that at Walmart? I'm sure I could find holiday baskets, but I'd rather do a different giveaway. Keep reading to find out what it is!

Now for a fun quick question. Guess why the opening was deleted and I had to go a completely different direction.

A. I don't like pigs.
B. No one likes a pair of rogues as hero/heroine
C. No one buries treasure beneath a pig wallow. Yuck!
D. England at this time period did not issue marriage licenses. The marriage was recorded at the church and no where else.

Answer: D. So the buried treasure couldn't be proof of the heroine's legitimacy unless it was a page torn from the church records. But that was too complicated, so I switched it for a different dramatic tale. You can see that opening here: http://jadeleeauthor.com/project/one-rogue-time/

And in the meantime, leave a comment. Tell me what holiday gift you'd like and one lucky winner will get a copy of my Bridal Favors 4 book series plus a mousepad! Here's a picture. (Well, the books and mousepad are the gift. The ugly sweater is my mine, mine, mine!)

8 comments:

  1. That was an awesome scene, Jade! Really, really entertaining! Too bad it didn't work. Darned historical accuracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your quizzes, Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post!! I'd really love a set of book shelves but I don't think I have anywhere to put them so books or GC's for books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really like a dog. I won't get a dog, though, so...Amazon gift cards would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gift cards

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. At this moment - sleep or rather, time to get more sleep. But I'd be happy with gift cards to buy more books which will keep me awake at night. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A WordPress Theme Designed Specifically for Online & Offline Book Authors.
    Author Theme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! now that sounds really awesome!

      Delete