Skip to main content

RT Goodness Terri L. Austin



Conference season is here yet again, and this year I was fortunate enough to attend RT Booklovers Convention in Dallas. The reason I love RT so much is that readers and writers mingle and bond over what we love most: books. 
The romance world is a diverse, wonderful place. Whatever your preferred genre or trope, we’ve got you covered. There’s no judgement here, kids. There’s something for everyone. And that’s what I love about the romance world. 
The tiaras Sourcebooks handed out to authors this year were a bonus, because who doesn’t want to wear a tiara? I’d wear one to the dry cleaners if I could pull it off. Seriously.

 I had many fangirl moments along the way. I spotted Charlaine Harris three times, but never had the cajones to go up and talk to her. I saw Sandra Brown strolling through the lobby. Like a normal person. I rubbed elbows with Nicole Peeler in the elevator. Literally! And Patricia Briggs bought one of my books at the book fair. (Fangirl moment of the con. I was so excited, I forgot to take a pic with her. Now I’ll never have proof. Damn!)
When I met Rosanne Bittner and Sharon Sala…smelling salts were required. 

I got to hobnob with my publishers, too. I can’t say enough wonderful things about my editors and all the awesome people behind the scenes who get books into the hands of readers. I totally geeked out, and talked about—yeah, you got it—books.
A few side notes. I bought this kitschy tote bag. Because man abs.
From my hotel room, I could see the infamous book depository. 

Next year it’s in Vegas. I may need a week to recover from that one.

Comments

  1. Sounds like such fun! And how thrilling to have Patricia Briggs buy one of your books, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to meet you, Shana! You're the Organizational Goddess!

      Delete
  3. And I got to meet you!!! Yeah!!!

    But I had a view of the freeway construction from my room. I kept the shades down the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the highlights was meeting you, Samantha! You crack me up, woman! Too bad about the freeway view. :(

      Delete
  4. Terri, you lucky duck!! So going to Vegas with you next year! What a treat. Such wonderful authors all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment