Skip to main content

MY LATEST FAVORITE THINGS!


By Michele Summers

It doesn’t take much to make me happy these days. Living with a chronic illness really changes your perspective. So I’m always looking for something…anything to brighten my day. These are my latest finds:

Let me start by saying, I’ve never been a big believer in vitamins, because I’ve never seen any results positive or negative from consuming them, but I have dutifully choked, gulped, swallowed and chewed them for years. (now, I’m superstitious…if I stop, will something bad happen?) But, I do believe in Biotin. It hasn’t grown hair to my liking, but it sure as hell has grown nails! 


I have long, strong, beautiful nails! Haven't had great nails since giving birth to my first child. Better than acrylic nails and much healthier. I’m giddy with happiness over this. Love hearing them click against the keyboard and love using my index finger to point…just to show off my gorgeous long nail. 
I know…it’s the little things.



And that leads me to my next favorite thing: Miracle Gel by Sally Hansen. This polish is awesome. But there’s a trick: you have to put on TWO coats of the topcoat and your polish will last two weeks. If you only do one coat, doesn’t last as long.


I’m also a sucker for lotions and creams. If I’m not feeling well, at least I smell good. A few weeks ago, my sweet sister treated me to a lovely facial; I must’ve looked particularly horrid and she was trying to lift my spirits and then she gifted me with my next favorite thing: Clarisonic cleansing brush. LOVE it! Give it a try. It really brightens your face in a non-abrasive, gentle way. Again, it doesn’t take much to make me smile. ;-)))


And for my final favorite thing: TA-DA! 
NOT SO NEW IN TOWN, second in the Harmony Homecomings series will be releasing July 7th. #sohappy! Been waiting a long time and I’m thrilled it’s right around the corner. Stay tuned for an excerpt next month.



What are some of your favorite things? Please share.

Please visit me at: www.michelesummers.com where you can sign-up for my newsletter and access all my Buy buttons.

Comments

  1. I'm totally trying the Sally Hansen, Michele. Love that bright teal color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome! And the teal color is great. Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips, Michele. I've been wondering about those Clarisonic brushes. And congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Clarisonic totally works at keeping your skin bright and really cleans. Give it a try. Until next month...

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new release! I don't use nail polish because I obsessively peel it off, but I will keep the biotin tip in mind. Sorry that you are dealing with the travails of a chronic illness and glad that you are finding things to help brighten your day. I love Neutrogena hand cream...especially because it absorbs fast enough that I can put it on and still read a book before going to bed, without making the pages greasy...and it's lovely to soften hands and feet overnight.
    And, I love watching things sprout, so growing herbs is one of my happy hobbies, especially when I can use them to cook with (0:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Neutrogena hand cream tip...any particular one? I slather hand cream on at bedtime and while driving and always looking for non-greasy ones. And growing your own herbs...love! Need to re-pot as we speak. Try the nail polish...it doesn't peel easily. ;-)))

      Delete
    2. Norwegian Formula Fragrance-free Hand Cream. There's a fast-absorbing one, but either works well for me.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I think I've used it before...it is a good one.

      Delete
  4. Great ideas, Michelle!
    I've discovered a couple of those myself. Will look into the others. Feeling good is no small thing. We all need a little pampering from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashlyn. Pampering is way underrated. We need to do more of it to de-stress our lives!

      Delete

Post a Comment