Skip to main content

Cheesy Manicotti Recipe

This is not enough cheese.

For some reason I tend to go crazy over cooking in the Springtime. It could be just because I don't have to walk and drive through snow and ice to get to the store. 

Anyway, if you're a cheese-lover, this recipe is for you!!


Ingredients:
1 package Manicotti noodles
4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 container Ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg
1 1/2 jars marinara sauce
garlic powder
parsley
basil
oregano 
black pepper
seasoned salt

Prepare pasta according to the directions on the box. While the noodles are boiling, mix 2 cups mozzarella with 1 cup Parmesan, the ricotta, butter, and egg. Season with seasoned salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and basil to taste.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Pour about 2/3 jar of marinara in the bottom of a large casserole dish.
Stuff noodles with cheese mixture and place carefully in the casserole.
Pour 2/3 jar of marinara over noodles and top with 2 cups mozzarella and 1 cup Parmesan.
Bake covered for 30 minutes.

Comments

  1. Hi Brooklyn Ann,

    That looks yummy! I avoid dairy, but for the right Italian dish, I'll risk it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still remember my grandmother's homemade manicotti but this sounds like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE manicotti, but I haven't tried cooking it myself. I will try your recipe...but just wanted to check on the amount of parmesan...should there be 2 cups of parm if you are mixing 1 cup w/the mozzarella for the stuffing and putting one cup over the top, or is it 1/2 cup for each part? Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually do 1/2 cup for each. Okay, I confess, sometimes I use even more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...I understand (there is also the issue of leaving enough in the cup, as I graze while I am preparing dishes and I love cheese, lol). Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment