By: Michele Summers
I don’t make it any secret that I’m a winter hater. Yep, you heard me. HATE. WINTER. Having lived for over twenty years in Miami, my blood thinned, my skin tanned and my tennis game improved immensely. So living these past few years where winter is an actual season with snow and cold and gray skies, when spring starts to show its colors (literally) my whole outlook on life improves. (my kids can attest to this) And I’m going to go out on a limb here and say I’m sure I’m not the only one. Right?
Here are five things I love about spring:
1. Daylight Savings Time. Even though we lose an hour of sleep (yes, painful) I love having that extra light in the evenings. Especially when I get home from work and can still get my exercise without wearing glow-in-the-dark clothing.
2. Light and more light. Sunlight keeps me motivated even if I’m stuck inside working. Just knowing it’s sunny outside makes working a little less dreadful.
3. Blooming flowers. Anything that burst forth with color makes me giddy with delight. Can’t wait to re-plant my winterized pots with new, spring blooms. Lots of pinks and oranges are in order.
4. Spring Break and Easter. I love spring break almost as much as my kids. Reminds me that school is coming to an end and summer is almost here. Yay! And Easter always means somewhere there’s a coconut cake or coconut pie with my name on it. It tastes particularly delish once Lent is over and I can indulge. *yum*
5. Tennis. What can I say? Next to watching college basketball (go Tarheels!), tennis is my all-time favorite sport. I love to play it and I love to watch it. Springtime means tennis is in full swing (pun intended). Starting with the Miami Open (the best!) and ending with the U.S. Open. Whether I’ve scored box seats or I’m watching on TV, I’m always inspired to get out there and improve my own game.
What do you love about spring?
NOT SO NEW IN TOWN…coming in July, 2015FIND MY WAY HOME