Skip to main content

A big hug for "Kiss Me Hello" by Grace Burrowes

Kiss Me Hello is the final novel in my Sweetest Kisses contemporary series (for now!), and I have to say, I do like this story. I kept the oldest brother--MacKenzie Knightley--for last, and let myself toss in a lot of story elements I'd saved back from the previous four titles.

We have a pair of one-ton draft horse hussies, a sulky teenage foster son with a heart of gold, a city gal trying to find her way without any urban sign posts, and a farm-boy-turned crack-shot lawyer who's given up on love.... almost.

I had such fun. Mac and Sid made brownies and chased loose horses, planted a big garden and leveled a vintage hog house (complete with two-seater in the back). They fell in love to the song of the peepers (c'mon Spring!) and found their happily ever after in a wildly cheering courtroom (this IS a romance, right?).

The family meddled shamelessly, the forces of darkness were overcome, and in pursuit of a happily ever after, our hero might have had to watch a princes movie or two (Shana Galen, represent!) and our heroine had to cut back on the caffeine. Sacrifice is always a part of a worthwhile character arc, after all.

If you'd like to read an excerpt from Kiss Me Hello, you can click here.

Excerpts from the previous stories are also available: Kiss and Tell (novella with a Scottish hero), Kiss for Luck (FREE! novella), A Single Kiss (Trent and Hannah's story), and The First Kiss (James and Vera's story).

If you were writing a novel, what's one quirky, fun, interesting factoid, aspect of your life, or challenging situation you'd include in your storyline? To two commenters, I'll send the entire Sweetest Kisses trilogy of novels.
 

 

Comments

  1. I'd include the story of how circumstances led me to meet my favorite country / pop star, and even stranger - we became friends and I ended up working for him part time for six years. That's pretty quirky! Bonnie R. bonnierz at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would definitely consider a princess movie a sacrifice. He keeps trying to get my daughter to watch the Lego movie again. Nice try, Dad! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing dishes with my daughter only to have us break into the "Cups" song from Pitch Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing dishes with my daughter only to have us break into the "Cups" song from Pitch Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe what happens when opposites attract,such as one person likes things clean and clutter-free, so they throw the newspaper out before everyone has read it. Of course, this only applies to families that still read papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have to be all the stories having to do with my pets from my first when I was young to my two dogs and now all the many ferals and strays - I could go on and on about them but I won't lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. like to bake

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would add the fact that we get along very well with the "exes" in the family and include each other in family celebrations. My family often talks to each other with beloved movie quotes. ("As you wish")

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee I'm not sure. Maybe how I met my hubby when I was engaged and had moved cross country for a temporary job assignment.

    I'm so happy that Kiss Me Hello is finally out, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm,love for cooking :)
    Love the covers! :)

    Congrats on new release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I plan to include my corgi Bear in my storyline. He was my heart dog.

    Loved Mac--- to me he is the perfect hero.

    Congrats & Happy book day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment