Skip to main content

Holiday time & free novella!

At the moment I’m in New Zealand. It’s probably really cold…actually I know it will be really cold as I’m going to spend a few days skiing which I’ve never done before.

I think you’ve guessed that I pre-wrote this blog and scheduled it before I went on holiday, I promise there will be pics next month. 

In the lead up to going on holiday I made a detailed schedule of all the things I needed to get done before we went away. I had Annwyn #4 1st draft to finish the next ES Siren to polish and the next In A Bottle story to get to my editor. I did have several other jobs pencilled in but it quickly became apparent they weren’t going to happen.

I don’t write on holiday, but I do plot. So I packed an idea for the last In a Bottle story (there are only so many ways to free a genie…you can check out 2 in Boyfriend in a Bottle and Temptation in a Bottle)

The other thing I had to do was get new puzzle/coloring in books and reading books for the kids. Youngest is a fussy reader, but eldest will devour anything. 

Because I’m a genius I’d also volunteered to teach a session at an online conference 3 days before we flew out. What was I thinking! I’m sure it went fine… 

So while I may not be sipping mojitos by a pool (I know it’s summer in the US) I will be having hot chocolates surrounded by snow and beautiful scenery. I hope I remembered to pack my thermals…

While I’m away enjoy a free merman novella: An Elemental Tail
Kindle iTunes B&N ARe

Four hundred years ago, Nik was tricked by his lover and left stranded as a powerless, but immortal, human. Now he craves only one thing: to reclaim the book that was once his tail and become a water Elemental again. Unfortunately, he can only locate the book when someone touches the pages. This time he won't be left high and dry.

Isla is left a beautiful leather-bound book in her great-aunt's will, perfect for using during her life drawing classes. However, she can't bring herself to mark the translucent pages until a compelling crimson-haired stranger strips for art.

Nik is torn. Years of enforced humanity have given him a conscience. Despite his best efforts at remaining a heartless water Elemental, he is failing. He is falling for Isla, who has no idea she holds the power of the oceans, and his heart, in her hands.


If you’d like more info you can join my newsletter for new releases and special offers: http://eepurl.com/lySiD
Or follow me on Twitter @ShonaHusk or facebook.com/shonahusk

Comments

  1. It is hard to imagine a vacation in snow and having hot chocolate when it's over 90 degrees here and we're drinking iced tea! Enjoy your vacation and plot away on another lovely book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment