Launch Party Time!!! Hi, everyone! Thank you for hosting me today to celebrate the release of my third book, HOW TO LOSE A LORD IN 10 DAYS OR LESS. This has been such a fun series to write, and I couldn’t imagine anywhere I’d rather be than here on the Casablanca Authors Blog. (Y’all are awesome.) Because I’m a fan of all things random, here are my top 5 interesting facts about Amberstall’s and Katie’s story. Enjoy!
1. I had this picture open in the background on my computer throughout the writing of this book. Although I grew up in an equestrian neighborhood of mini-farms, we were the family who had Christmas trees on our land instead of horses. So, if you want to know about varieties of tree, I’m your girl. But, I require a diagram to get horse parts accurate.
2. Lord Amberstall originated from a joke my brother made almost 20 years ago. He brought his (now) wife home to meet our family and proceeded to give a monologue on his long time love of “Wide-hipped, child-bearing women.” …My sister-in-law is a Zumba and spin instructor and my brother enjoys embarrassing her. Somehow, years later, Amberstall appeared in Must Love Dukes and then became the hero of HOW TO LOSE A LORD IN 10 DAYS OR LESS. It makes me wonder about my sanity…as well as that of my sister-in-law.
3. Meet Mr. Rumples. This is Lady Katie Moore’s pet squirrel. I found this picture and I knew this was the squirrel for Lady Katie. Isn’t he the cutest?!
4. Katie Moore plays the bagpipes. She’s someone who has a lot of hobbies even if she isn’t skilled at any of them. Although, bagpipe music is charming on occasion, I can only imagine what it would sound like if you weren’t talented with the instrument. Growing up, my dad thought bagpipes were the perfect way to wake up the house on a Saturday morning. He’d blast the music he purchased at the Highland Games at 7am until I staggered out of bed. I guess it had a lasting impression on me. If you’re wondering, this is not the way to get your teenage daughter to connect with her Scottish heritage. Just sayin’. *grins*
5. There is a long discussion about forks in this book, since Katie only owns one fork for her one mouth. She’s a minimalist when it comes to anything girlie or domestic. Personally, I disagree with her on this. I admit it. I have a weakness for the china section of the department store. Everything is so pretty and shiny; and I want all of it! It’s one of my favorite places to window shop…okay so maybe I don’t always just window shop. Sometimes I shop shop. But, I’m pretty sure it’s the one place I would never run into the heroine of HOW TO LOSE A LORD IN 10 DAYS OR LESS.
Are you a window shopper? What’s your favorite store to wander through?