Skip to main content

Cures for the V-Day Hangover

If you're reading this, several things may have happened to you last night.
1. You may have had a romantic evening with your significant other, which ended up with a bottle of wine and a pair of fluffy handcuffs.
2. You may have spend the night on the town with your single friends, partying it up like the wild young things you are.
3. You may have spent the night alone crying into a family-sized bag of Cheetos and watching "An Officer And A Gentleman" for the seventeenth time.
From Wikimedia Commons

If any of these things happened to you, you may have what I like to call the Valentine's Day Hangover. You know the feeling. That crash at the end of a conversation-heart sugar buzz, that irritation of spending a hundred bucks on a teddy that lasted about thirty seconds, the soul-crushing loneliness of realizing your relationship with a book boyfriend is totally one-sided.
Yeah. I get all these things.

So here's a fantastic cure for what ails you. The hair of the dog, my friend, and this dog just happens to be stuffed full o'love.

CURE NUMBER 1 - A mushy movie.

The rom com is a time-honored tradition, and this particular cure is pretty effective for lifting you out of that smelly pit of post-cupid depression. Go ahead on over to Netflix and queue one up. In two hours you'll be laughing and sighing at the screen and you'll completely forget that you ever wanted to drown yourself in that fondue fountain you rented for the night.

CURE NUMBER 2 - Get out of the house and do something!

Sitting at home alone never fixed anybody's problems, so get a gaggle of friends together and move your butts! Go to a park, or if you're locked in the arms of old-man winter, go build a snowperson with giant boobs. It'll make you feel better, I promise.

CURE NUMBER 3 - Read a book and remember that LOVE IS AMAZING. 

What? I'm a romance author. You knew this was coming. Reading a good romance novel is scientifically proven** to cure the Valentine's Day blues, runny noses, and the croup. So right now is probably an amazing time to check out all these AWESOME Sourcebooks titles on sale, including books 1 and 2 of the Geek Girls series! 

**this is an outright lie. But you should buy the books anyway

So I hope your Valentine's Day was wonderful, but if it wasn't, that's okay. Remember that love is awesome, and there's always next year. Nurse that hangover well and by Sunday you'll be singing a mushy ballad in the shower. :)

Gina Lamm is a romance author. She tweets, books her face, and pins things. Stalk her politely on the web at any of these convenient locations! 

Comments

  1. I almost did all 3 (minus the handcuffs lol). Had a nice evening with my hubby and since he gets up at 4:30 AM on week days and conks out early, I then went out with some girlfriends for a bit and then came home and read! So that was a win,win,win for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, this is sooo cute. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggling! I've eaten so many of those conversation hearts that I have a sugar high...and now I hear they're on sale so I may load up all the candy dishes in my house again! Number 3 is definitely my go-to when I get a hangover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an awesome post! I think the humor of your words are a cure in themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment