As I write this blog, I’m trapped inside glaring at the snow. I just finished reading my daughter’s account of the snow plow that got stuck outside her apartment building. Yes, welcome to winter’s fury. I've listened to my Texas and Florida friends moan about the cold, and I've seen the pictures of Ann Arbor, MI and their 20+ inches of snow. I’m in Illinois where it’s below zero outside and my Christmas decorations aren't coming down until spring.
Here are the things I’m grateful for:
1. I’m warm inside the house which means I've got it way better than many.
2. I remembered to buy more toilet paper along with more food. We’re fully stocked!
3. I work at home, so I don’t have to slip-n-slide my car to an office.
4. My cats spend at least an hour every day sleeping between bouts of: I’m stir-crazy, so let me rip apart the furniture.
5. Some intrepid photographer braved the cold enough to get me this real-life picture. Beautiful, isn’t it? That’s St. Joseph’s Lighthouse on Lake Michigan.
6. I was smart enough to ask for a treadmill desk for Christmas. As I write this, I’m walking (slowly) which is more exercise than I’d be getting sitting on my wide butt. Turns out I can do 3 miles a day while handling my email and social media. (Yes, I spend a lot of time on social media...)
7. Last but not least, this is the perfect time to curl up with a good book!
Here’s a picture of my latest installment of the Bridal Favors series, out this month.
Isn't that a hot cover? Hopefully you’re enjoying the cold weather with a hot book. Here’s what Library has to say about that!
And now it’s your turn. What are you reading now? One lucky commenter will get an e-copy of one of my Bridal Favors books.
(PS. What a Groom Wants is coming out next month!
(Get caught up now before the big release!)