I love a good party. I adore gathering people together for great conversation, a few laughs and lots of fun. The only thing I don't love about throwing a party is the mess. Ugh. You know how it is...you spend two days cleaning the house for the party and then you spend two days afterward cleaning it up.
Unless it's an online party...then there's no mess...only fun!
When I was mulling over different ways to celebrate the release of Tall, Dark, and Vampire, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to try something new. I've done the FB parties and the blog tours--which I'm embarking on again for TDV--but I really wanted to go outside my comfort zone.
One thing came to mind.
I’ve been a sporadic tweeter at best but I’m on a mission to improve my tweeting talents. I’ve seen several authors host these twitter parties and thought it was about time that I give it a shot. Apparently these twitter parties can generate thousands of tweets in just a couple of short hours and it’s a fab way to build buzz about a new product or book.
I’m still a relatively new author on the scene and I’m looking forward to meeting a bunch of new readers with the Dead in the City vampire series. If you know a reader who loves vamps and romance…then send ‘em my way!
Here’s how it works:
- The twitter party will be on August 6th from 7:00pm-8:30pm EST
- You need a twitter account (I know–duh!)
- Follow me on twitter @authorsara
- In order to participate, you need to tag your tweets with #nycvamps
- You can use Tweetdeck to help follow the conversation or do a search in Twitter for #nycvamps and that will show you every tweet in the party.
- If you join the twitter party and tag your tweets with #nycvamps during the party time–you’re eligible to win one of the prizes!
- Nook HD
- 3 copies of UNDONE
- 2 Memberships to Discover a New Love