Skip to main content

Summer reads and treats blog hop

Mia Marlowe invited me to join the Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop!

Here’s how the hop works! Each author invites up to five other authors to answer five questions about their current summer release or WIP and a tasty recipe that ties into it! Meanwhile: Here's Mia's blog: http://miamarlowe.com/blog/ to enjoy while I run off to find my recipe for Bliss Cake which goes with my Sept. 3rd release How to Date a Dragon!

Bliss is the heroine's first name. Yes, she's had to take some ribbing about it, especially since it fits the snarky greeting card designer, ironically. But Bliss Cake will have you saying, mmm...mmm.

 

Bliss Russo is a finalist in a TV design competition, and all her work went up in smoke when her apartment building burned down. At least she didn’t lose her life thanks to a smokin’ hot firefighter. Unfortunately, she got him suspended for taking a crazy risk, trying to save her computer and her place in the contest. Now she can’t stop thinking about him while she recreates all her designs.
 
Dragon shifter Drake Cameron is the last of his clan, and the loneliness is starting to claw at him. He’s met only one woman who might be able to stand the shock of his true nature. After all, she barely batted an eyelash when he shifted to survive her blazing home. And feeling her curves against him was just as hot as any inferno. Just when he thinks he’ll never track her down, she walks into his firehouse with no idea what she’s about to get herself into.

Chocolate Bliss Cake
Ingredients
1 pkg. cake mix
5 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
Directions
1.Prepare cake batter, in 2-1/2-qt. ovenproof bowl, as directed on package; scrape side of bowl. Bake 1 hour 5 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake 10 min.
2.Loosen cake from side of bowl with knife. Invert onto wire rack; remove bowl. Cool cake completely. Meanwhile, microwave 4 chocolate squares in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min., stirring after each min. Cool.
3.Add 1 tub COOL WHIP to melted chocolate; whisk until blended. Cut cake into 3 layers. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading chocolate filling between layers.
4.Frost cake with remaining COOL WHIP. Make curls from remaining chocolate square.
Place on cake; sprinkle with sugar. Keep refrigerated.
 
Now...Here's the Q and A I was asked to include:
 
1)When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
 
A) Yes, unfortunately. But I hear 6 snacks is better than 3 full meals, right? Let's go with that. Salty is my taste of choice since I try to stay away from sugar at all costs.

 
2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or jammies?
 
A) You'll find me consulting a story board on the wall behind me while I'm wearing my bathrobe. I write first thing in the morning, as soon as the coffee kicks in.
 
3)When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?

A) I admit to being a mad scientist in the kitchen. Everything is open to interpretation and experimentation. (rubs hands in glee) *Warning* Not all experiments pan out.

4) What is next for you after this book?
A) I'm writing a new series called The Cupcake Coven about a love spell gone wrong. It's not contracted yet. Book 1 is almost finished and I have a huge head start on book 2. The final number of books in the series is yet unknown and will depend upon many factors. If no one contracts the series, I'll probably self-publish it. I love the characters, setting, and premise. Basically, I love everything about it.

5) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?

A) All of my books have steamy love scenes in them. I don't tease readers with loads of sexual tension only to slam the bedroom door shut when the time comes. Happy Endings are mandatory for my main characters.  
 
 
And now I've tagged someone. Brooklyn Ann, you're it!

http://brooklynann.blogspot.com/
           
           
             



 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. OMG, that cake sounds awesome and capable of giving a certain chocolate loving hottie fireman a heart attack.. I'm still gonna have to try it and tell him our favorite author created this wonderful concoction..

    Love you,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good and easy to make too. I wonder if I add some espresso powder to the works ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sherry!
    Remind him that Bliss was based on you, as he's eating the Bliss Cake (Insert dirty joke here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Victoria. A mad scientist after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cupcakes! I hope the series is contracted. The cake recipe sounds fantastic! I've added it to my massive collection.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do too, Claudia! Project positive thoughts and so will I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - the interview was fun - the recipe put three inches on my hips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! 3 inches! If only they'd come off that fast. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, that cake sounds decadent! And I love the premise of a love spell gone wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, that sounds delicious...and I don't usually really like cake, being more of a cookie person. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment