Skip to main content

Magical Number Twenty-Five!


Good morning Casa Authors and fans of romance.

Thank you for having me at the Casa Blog.  It’s always a pleasure to join you.

Today is special because I am celebrating the publication of my twenty-fifth book, The Rogue Steals A Bride!  As you can imagine, this is a happy, happy occasion for me. I always hoped, but didn’t know for sure when I published my first book in 1990, that I’d make it to that magical number of 25 but it is finally here.

It hasn’t always been smooth sailing on the waters to reach this pinnacle in my career, but the great majority of this time has brought me immense pleasure. After more than twenty years at the computer, my sails might look a little tattered and worn, but I’ve never let the few storms I’ve encountered along the way dampen my enthusiasm for the joy it gives me to create love stories with happy endings.

But today, in the midst of all these wonderful sensations of accomplishment, I’m also a little sad because I’m saying good-bye to The Rogues’ Dynasty Series. The Rogue Steals A Bride is the sixth and final book in this Regency series and it’s been a great adventure. The first book was published in 2009 so I’ve been with some of these characters for over five years. In fact, the biggest challenge was to keep the continuing characters the same in all the books, but keep them fresh and believable in each book, too.

I’ve been hooked on reading for as long as I can remember, and I’ve read a lot of connecting books over the years so when I started this series I knew each book had to stand alone. I knew I had to make each hero, each heroine, and each story line exciting and different. But, I had to keep the same tone, pacing, and flavor to all the books. And, I have to tell you it’s been challenging at times but I love working to make it happen. 

It’s not easy to say good-bye but here is a short synopsis of The Rogues’ Dynasty’s swan song, The Rogue Steals A Bride.

Matson Brentwood has finally met the woman of his dreams. The lovely, red-haired Sophia Hart heats his blood like no other lady.  Her alluring countenance has stopped him dead in his tracks. But no matter how attracted he is to her, he can’t give into his desire to possess her in every way because she is the ward of the man he’s sworn to hate.

        Newly arrived in London, Miss Sophia Hart is looking for a husband—for herself and for one of her twin spinster aunts who has decided she wants a man. Sophia agrees to help her aunt by allowing older gentlemen to call on her and then come up with ways to make sure her aunt spends more time with the gentleman than Sophia does.

But there’s more than just an unwanted guardian and a long list of beaus standing between Sophia and Matson.  Sophia can’t give into the maddening charms of the darkly handsome and intriguing Matson. She must deny her love for him and pay her debt to her father for costing him the love of his life.

        I could not be happier with the way The Rogues’ Dynasty Series turned out. So to Sourcebooks, Deb and my readers, thank you for sharing this awesome journey with me because while Series has come to an end, my writing has not. I’m already working on my next trilogy. I hope you’ll have me back in the future to talk about it.

        In the meantime, I hope you’ll check out The Rogue Steals A Bride and the other five books in my Rogues’ Dynasty Series A Duke To Die For, followed by A Marquis To Marry, An Earl to Enchant, A Gentleman Never Tells, A Gentleman Says “I Do”,  and now, The Rogue Steals A Bride.


        I love to her from readers so email me at ameliagrey@comcast.net, follow me on Facebook.com/AmeliaGreyBooks or visit me at ameliagrey.com.

Comments

  1. That's wonderful, Amelia!!! Love those rogues!!! Sounds like another winner and how wonderful to keep the dream alive. Congrats on #25!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 books! Awesome and congrats :-) I know your next series will be just as fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry and Shana,

    It feels absolutely wonderful having 25 books published. Now, I'm going to hope I get to #50!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. BIG, HUGE Congratulations on reaching #25...now on to #50! I love, love your covers and this looks like a bestseller to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats on reaching that milestone, Amelia! I'm sure the next twenty-five will be even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment