Skip to main content

I'm Just Here For the Food

Posted by Samantha Grace

I've never left an RWA National Conference uninspired or hungry, and this year in Atlanta was no exception. While amazing speakers like Cathy Maxwell and Kristin Higgins fed my writer soul, the Marriott waitstaff was feeding my face.

Best conference food evah! 
Not that conference hotels usually set the bar high.

Ironically, the only thing that doesn't taste like chicken is rubber chicken.

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you might have guessed I'm a bit of a foodie. I prefer eating food to cooking it, and I photograph my meals more than I should admit. In fact, I've unintentionally passed my obsession for pretty food to my daughter who recently told me to take a picture of her dessert before she ate it. 

A dessert tree! What's not to love?
With my love of gourmet food, is it any wonder my favorite part of RWA is attending the Sourcebooks Author Dinner? Not only do I get to hang with some of the coolest, most talented authors, I get to EAT!!!


Do you recognize any of these Casa Babes?
This year we dined at Southern Art in Atlanta and the food wasn't the only impressive feature.


Love this chandelier!

What's on the menu?

Mustard-Glazed Scottish Salmon on Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Before dinner is served...
Aww, look how saintly they are

But look what happens when the servers bring a platter of desserts to share...

Hannah Jayne learns the hard way not to mess with Mary Wine!




Best-selling authors Carolyn Brown and Jade Lee throw-down for chocolate.


If you would like to see more photos from the Sourcebooks Author dinner at RWA 13, visit Samantha Grace's FB Author Page













Comments

  1. I thought the food at the hotel was pretty bad, but the food I had in the city was fabulous. Southern Art was great, and I also went to The Spence and White Oak Kitchen. It was fun hanging out with you at the dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Clearly, you were at the fun table! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one taking pictures of my food. I'm guessing that when a chef spends that much time and effort on presentation, pictures are appreciated! It was great seeing all of the Casa Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun seeing everyone again. How did we miss all that wild partying? We were so quiet and subdued.

    But don't let my roommate know I lost my way when I came out of the ladies' room. Good thing I had Cheryl to keep track of me! :) My roommate had to keep track of me the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food was good! I suppose everyone has their own taste, I liked everything I had. I also ate well at the surrounding restaurants, including fried chicken, craft beer, and an amazing burger.

    Love your pics and I'll be linking it over on my blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm so late responding. Blogger did not like my phone today. :/

    Shana,
    We ate at High Velocity and Sear, and both of my meals were good. The one at Sear was the better of the two. I had shrimp and corn chowder followed by butternut ravioli in a sage butter sauce. I'm sure it was very low cal. LOL

    A reader suggested this little Irish pub called Meehan's and it was AMAZING!!! My mouth is watering just thinking of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl,
    You are not alone. There's probably even a support group for people like us, but unless they serve good snacks I'm not going. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry,
    I think everyone got lost on the way to and from the bathroom. It was crazy far away! For my second trip, I switched back to my flats because I didn't know if I could make it without falling on my face. :)

    It really was great seeing everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephsco,

    I seriously would go back to Atlanta just for the food, but add on the very gracious people and I think it is one of my favorite cities now. :)

    Looking forward to your blog tomorrow, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a cute post! Love how all the authors got "along" quite well. I am jealous I didn't get to go. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy HELL that looks delicious! And a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. JPEEZY,
    I hope you get to go next year too. This really is a great group of authors, and so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brooklyn Ann,
    We always have a good time. I hope you're able to join us soon. I can't wait to meet you in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not fair when you post pictures that make one hungry even after just eating! Looks like you guys had such fun and my hubby always complains that for a person with such a small appetite, I am always trying to drag him to a new restaurant because I love to try new dishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment