Skip to main content

I'm Getting Older! Yikes!



While many of my writer friends are busy networking and buzzing to and from workshops, book signings, and banquets at RWA National in Anaheim, I'm at home having my own celebration.

You see, today is my birthday. I turn [age redacted] years old. Like I'd really tell you all my real age. :) Then again, I've been twenty-nine for let's just say quite a few years. I know the theme this month is heat, but I figured that if I actually put the correct amount of candles on my birthday cake, it'll more than likely get pretty darned hot in here.

In a way, it's kind of cool to celebrate a birthday on the opening day of the Olympics. Even if those Olympics are taking place in London--a place I've dreamt of visiting all my life. Oh well, I'll get that chance some day, I'm sure. Until then, I can live vicariously through the coverage on the telly--Wow! I already have the lingo down.

 Hey, maybe if I blow out all the candles on the cake, I can wish myself there. Then again, my cake more than likely will look like the one pictured above. Better check that fire extinguisher!

So have any of your birthday wishes come true?  One lucky commenter will win a copy of both Demons Like It Hot, Demons Prefer Blondes, and Wings of Desire (a fantasy erotic romance written as Arianna Skye).

Hugs!
Sidney

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Sidney, from Anaheim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sydney!

    Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Sidney! I hope your wishes do come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Sidney! I hope your birthday wish comes true. My birthday wish is to go to Scotland. Hasn't happened yet, but I'll get there one day! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a great birthday, Sydney. See you in London someday. That's after the Alaskan cruise we'd planned to take 15 years ago and is still on my wish list. (don't include me in your "contest" as I have both books--talk about heat!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!

    My birthday wish was for a promotion and it am grateful that it did happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I don't think any of my wishes ever came true but that doesn't stop me from trying again every year lol. I hope you do get to London some day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Sidney! I hope it's the best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Sidney! The last time a birthday wish came true was my last one when I wished to spend it with my sister in California and I was able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

    My birthday wish was for a new truck and that came true... a few years later:)

    yadkny@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! S maybe more than Demons like it hot? At least you like your birthday cake hot if you are going to try make it look like the pic =)
    My birthday is coming up soon, so my husband bought us tickets to a Shinedown concert! I am so excited, and an added bonus is that the kids will stay with grandpa and grandma so him and I can really have some fun....I know I will be celebrating well into the night =)

    Hope you got to do something fun on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! I don't think any of them have come true yet.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Birthday! Sorry, behind on reading my favorite blogs. Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment