Skip to main content

Lucky?

To be perfectly honest, I'm lucky to have remembered to write this post at all. It's 9:25 PM on Thursday night, and I really want to watch "Awake" at 10:00, so I'll have to hurry.

The fact that I can watch TV again and have a couple of favorite shows is one of the things I've been feeling lucky about lately. Giving up a paycheck that made me feel like I could buy pretty much anything I wanted was a little scary, but since I never bought much anyway, it wasn't a bad tradeoff because it gave me the one thing I didn't have. Time.

Nevertheless, I did buy one thing that's kinda cool, though. Cheap, too. My mask for the RT Booklover's Convention, which I think is quite awesome!
















 

I'm extremely lucky since trying to transfer that picture from my SD card to my photo files crashed my computer and this post had been saved as a draft. Even the manuscript I'd been working on at the time survived unscathed.

Honestly, it doesn't take much to make me feel lucky anymore. Just waking up in the morning makes me feel like I've found a four leaf clover. Getting to go to Ireland in May makes me feel even luckier. I'm lucky to have two wonderful sons, a very supportive husband, and terrific friends. I love that there are people who've enjoyed my books, and I'm very lucky that some have even written to tell me that my Zetithian guys have brightened up their lives. 

Yeah. That's lucky.

So, basically, I have no complaints. :D big grin

Comments

  1. Cheryl, wish I could go with you to Ireland!!! Are you not working at all now? I thought you were just working part-time now! Great that you're able to have some time to enjoy life! I'd like to be able to just write and not have to work a full-time job too...I could get sooo much more done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, please post pictures of the group at RT in those lovely masks! And have fun in Ireland! I've always wanted to see that country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'll be lucky if my DH goes to Ireland with me, Terry. He got a letter yesterday rejecting his passport photo, which was one they took at the post office!
    I AM working part-time, but when you can work a Sunday night and then be off until the NEXT Saturday, it's like having 2 weeks off at once. Believe me, it's quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you'll see plenty of the "mask" pictures here on the blog, Carolyn. All of us Casa Babes that are going to RT are getting masks!
    I've always wanted to go to Ireland too. Guess I'll start writing about Irish hunks when I come back home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, Cheryl! I wish I could stow away in your suitcase...Ireland is on my dream list of places to go.
    Have a wonderful time!

    I know what you mean about writing full time. :) I recently gave up my job to pursue writing full time, but I've yet to find my rhythm and routine, but I'm working on it. :)

    Don't have my mask yet for RT, it's on the list of things to do. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lot harder getting into the routine than I thought it would be, Colleen. I've done several things lately that I've ignored for years--like cleaning the kitchen windows. My DH is STILL commenting on how nice it is to be able to see out of them, and I did it a week ago. I get panicky at times thinking about the money I've given up, but getting to sleep at night is a definite plus!
    Unfortunately, I've also taken an interest in my house plants, with the result that I killed my poinsettia by overwatering it. :(
    Looking forward to seeing you at RT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your mask, Cheryl! I can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're gonna have a blast with them at RT, Shana! I was surprised at how quickly they shipped it. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on writing full time. Hope you have an awesome time in Ireland--that's on my wishlist, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're the Lucky ones to know you and discover a wonderful future world of those sexy gentle Zetithians. It sounds like you have a wonderful trip to Ireland to look forward too. That's a magical place. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Bethany. Now if I could just crank out a book every three months without getting sidetracked...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Donna! Not everyone likes the idea of a beta hero, but they're the only kind I'd want to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to reading about your adventures in Ireland. Have fun at RT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mask, idea, Cheryl! I may borrow it sometime. :}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment