from Mia Marlowe...
But I can tell you here that my heroine in SINS OF THE HIGHLANDER, Elspeth Stewart, would resolve to open herself to her gift of Sight more often. She fights against the Gift and as a result, she only receives snippets of disjointed visions. And they never seem to come in a timely enough manner for her to actually affect a change. If she'd paid attention to the warnings, she might have Seen that woad-painted warrior crashing through the kirk doors and galloping up the aisles to snatch her from the altar.
My guest blogger for this hour of the Blog Bash is Sidney Ayers, author of sinfully snarky paranormal romance! Be prepared to share your resolutions for 5 chances to win a short read from her or a long one from ME! Sidney is also offering a GRAND PRIZE of a $10 gift certificate and signed copies of her DEMONS LIKE IT HOT and DEMONS PREFER BLONDES!
Sidney Ayers: If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s procrastinating. I am the queen of putting off things. I’m not really sure why. It’s something I’ve always done. I’m pretty sure it’s my subconscious trying to set me up for failure. Heck this blog is going to be posted tomorrow, and lowandbehold, I’m just getting around to writing it right now. Silly me.
But how, you ask?
Easy. Follow these important rules:
1. Put off the fun and games until the important stuff is done. That being said, an hour of fun and relaxation helps keep the stress down too.
2. Reward myself when I meet a goal. A Starbucks mocha latte when I finish a chapter is a sweet incentive, eh? Then again, so is chocolate.
3. Don’t push myself too hard. That will only lead to more stress, which can prove more fatal than procrastination.
4. Get adequate amount of rest.
5. Eat at least three balanced meals.
6. Keep myself motivated. Document my successes. Seeing all those achievements is a good way to help your ego
So there’s my New Year’s Motivation! What are your goals and resolutions for 2012? One lucky commenter will win a $10.00 Amazon Gift card, and an autographed copy of both DEMONS PREFER BLONDES and DEMONS LIKE IT HOT. 5 commenters will also win a free PDF copy of AN ABSOLUTE MESS, a short silly story I wrote a while ago and decided make available online.
Wow, Sidney! That's an impressive pile of loot you're offering. Allow me to sweeten it with winners' choice of my eBook versions of TOUCH OF A THIEF, A DUKE FOR ALL SEASONS or MY LADY BELOW STAIRS!
To enter this hour, please remember to put your email in your comment so we can contact you if you sin...oops, I mean win! Typos are my curse. Also take a minute to scroll back to catch my other guest bloggers and leave a comment for each one so you'll be entered in their drawings too! And be sure to take minute to pop over to my website contest for your chance to win a NEW KINDLE!