Skip to main content

New Year - New Anticipations

The start of a new year is an exciting time. And it always makes me think of things I'm looking forward to in the next twelve months. 2012 looks to be an exciting year and I can't wait to see what lies ahead. But for me, these are the things I can't wait for...

1. Disneyland
We're taking a family vacation in February. It'll be the first time my you
ngest will see the Magic Kingdom. I can't wait to see his reaction. And since the last two times I was there I was pregnant each time, I can't wait to experience all the rides myself!

2. The release of my critique partner's debut release--FEVER by Joan Swan!
I have loved this book so long, and I can't wait until readers can get it in their hands. Sexy firefighters, a dangerous conspiracy and a smoking hot romance. FEVER releases in March. Don't walk to buy this book...RUN!

3. My first RT Convention!
I've never been, so I'm all kinds of excited. And since ENRAPTURED releases in April--the same month as the RT convention--I'm even more excited.

4. The release of ENRAPTURED April 3, 2012!
Book four in the Eternal Guardians Series! Publisher's Weekly recently gave it a starred review and called it "Naughton's best book yet."

5. Baseball Season
I'm a baseball nut, and opening day always signals the start of spring for me. I love hanging out at the ballpark.

6. Warm weather
Oh, warm weather! Who doesn't love that? Shorts, tanks, FLIP FLOPS. In the middle of the rainy season here in the PNW, I'm dying right now for flip flop weather. Cannot wait.

7. Football Season
As much as I love baseball, I love football just as much. And fall is my very favorite season.

8. The release of ENSLAVED in November!
The 5th Eternal Guardians book! I'm just finishing edits on it now and I LOVE this book. Love this hero, love this story. Love the cover! (I saw it the other day and it's awesome. As soon as I get the go-ahead to share, I will.)

9. The Hobbit!
(You knew this was coming.) I'm a huge Tolkien fan and I love LOTR. This is the one movie I'm dying to see in 2012.


and...

10. December 21, 2012.
The end of the world! (Uh huh.) Actually, I'm fascinated by the whole hoopla about the end of the Mayan calendar and can't wait to see all the planets align.

What are you looking forward to in 2012?

Comments

  1. Elisabeth, sounds like you have an awesome year lined up. Good luck with your two releases and I hope Joan (my new Twitter friend) enjoys much success with her debut. I, too, am looking forward to the Hobbit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family has a reunion every three years, and while it's fun to see my sibs and parents, it's wonderful to see the next generation keeping in touch and comparing their journeys among themselves. I'm planning to see the redwoods for the first time, and my Beloved Offspring may finish her Vet Tech curriculum in December.

    And I hope I'll write my best books yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting all my deadlines and hopefully selling the next three Spikes & Spurs proposals. Then of course there's the deal with the youngest granddaughter starting to school in the fall (oh, yes, there will be a shopping trip involved); the sixteen year old granddaughter's prom in April (I'm doing hair and nails) and the seventeen year old granddaughter's high school graduation in May. I did mention deadlines and proposals in all that, didn't I?
    Good luck with your year! And good lord, I hope the world doesn't end. I've got a TBR pile that I'm afraid I couldn't take with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have some great plans! We bgo on vacation the first week of every year, just to start it off right...and to have something to look forward to after the holidays are over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have quite a year lined up, Elisabeth.

    The most important thing I'm looking forward to is good health and being alive. Both were iffy in 2010 and 2011. But I'm starting to feel good again.

    Looking forward to warm spring and actually gardening this year, going swimming in the summer. A litter of Euro Dane Pups. And seeing my son go off to college.

    I'm also looking forward to having lots of fun guests on Over Coffee!

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disneyland is my favorite place in the world (-:
    If you are in So.Cal. please do consider watching the World of Color at California Adventure...it is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks like a great year ahead for you. I took am looking forward The Hobbit. We are LOTR fans in our house and we love the movie preview! I'm also looking forward to a trip this November to Austrailia. Never been there and I am so excited about it! And lastly, I'm looking forward to finishing my paralegal classes. I'll be done this April. Yay! Cheers to you for a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to RT where I'm going to meet the author who kept me up all night with her Stolen series. I'm not even going to touch Wait For Me until I have time off lol. Mary G from Canada

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment