Skip to main content

New Beginnings?

To be honest, a new beginning is what I need.Despite the release of my debut novel DEMONS PREFER BLONDES in June and the sequel, DEMONS LIKE IT HOT, in December, 2011 was a year that isn’t worth repeating. Several family dilemmas and emergencies really played the ringer on my writing mojo. I come from a rather close-knit family, so when they hurt, I hurt with them.

My sister became ill and that found me in the middle of helping my mother transport children here and there, to school and other various events. Things seem to be on the up and up on and my sister is on the mend, which I am truly grateful for.

Then, the day before thanksgiving, my other sister’s cat was fatally mauled by two pitbulls whose owners thought it would be funny to watch their dogs attack a poor defenseless cat. My mother and I arrived right after the incident. If only we had been there a few minutes earlier. We found the cat cowered in the corner scared out of its mind and in shock. We rushed him to the vet, but they couldn’t save him. The vet tech said it was the same type of injury seen with shaken babies. There were witnesses and we managed to track down where they lived and filed a report, but it looks like these delinquents are going to get away with it. I’m sure eventually they’ll get their comeuppance.

I’ve also been toying with the idea of returning to school to finish up my degree. In this economy and the job market in such a rut, most employers won’t even look at your resume without at least a BA. I have an associates, but in this day and age, it really doesn’t get you far.

So as 2012 rolls around, I’m all for new beginnings. Be it a new line of employment or returning to school. Either way, it’s something I need to do. 2011 just helped me put it all into perspective.

To celebrate some new beginnings, I present you with my newest cover for my December 2012 release, A DEMON TO DIE FOR. This is the third book in the Demons Unleashed series and it stars demoness Kalli Corapolous and Cardiologist Dr. Joshua Carlson—who ends up being a little more than human.

Comments

  1. Wow, Sidney, you have a lot on your plate! Good luck! I love your new cover, soooo hot! Sourcebooks does it best! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover, Sidney, and good luck this year, let's hope it's better than last for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a line of poetry by Stephen Spender that I love. "You must live through the time when everything hurts...." I hope not everything hurts for you now, but it sounds like the Undertoad made a snatch and grab at your 2011. Bad Undertoad! If there's anything I can to do help--read pages, send you poems, listen to you rant--then you must allow me these privileges. I'm no stranger to said Toad, but he does eventually hop away to pester somebody else. Keep writing, keep the faith. Don't kiss the bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully this year will be better! Love that cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace said it much better than I could. Kick that toad out in front of a pickup truck and have a wonderful 2012. You deserve it after 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs, Sidney. It makes me sick to think about the poor cat. At least you have a great book out. That's something to be happy about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that poor cat! :( How can people be that mean and cruel?!

    I haven't had the pleasure of reading your first two releases (yet) but they are on my list! And with that cover, so is Dec. release. In fact, I might have to showcase that cover during one of my weekly Lusting for Covers post... :D It's very yummy!

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cover is beautiful:)

    I can't imagine what kind of cruel, evil person does something like that to an innocent animal. Ugh.

    Let's hope 2012 is a much brighter and better year:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your comments and encouragement. I love this group :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your comments and encouragement. I love this group :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always loved your cover art, but this one is even better than the first two! Amazing, I didn't think I could like one any better! Something about the color in it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment