Skip to main content

Goodbye CHECKMATE, MY LORD--Helllooo, Ethan deBeau, by Tracey Devlyn

New beginnings? Wow, I think this whole year is going to be one new beginning after the other. My debut novel, A LADY'S REVENGE, steps onto the ballroom floor in April--six years after agent Cora deBeau made a mental appearance and then decided to stay in my life for a while.

In addition to all the wonderful things I must do to prepare for ALR's debut, I'll be attending several functions as an author, rather than a pre-pub. An incredibly exciting realization. I'll be taking part in several book signings, too. Here are the highlights of my schedule:

Barbara Vey's Reader Appreciation Luncheon
April 10, 10:30 am - 4:00 pm, Oak Creek, WI

RT Booklovers Convention
April 11 - 14, Rosemont, IL

Spring Fling Conference
April 27-28, Hoffman Estates, IL

Romance Writers of America
July 24-28, Anaheim, CA

Put Your Heart in a Book Conference
October 12-13, New Jersey

My critique partner, Adrienne Giordano, and I are excited to open a satellite Lady Jane's Salon in Naperville, Illinois. While in New York City last summer for a national writers conference, we attended the original Lady Jane's and had a wonderful time. Fast forward a few months and we're opening a salon in our area. If you're not familiar with Lady Jane's, it's a reading salon devoted to romantic fiction. Authors read an excerpt from their books to a live audience. It's an amazing way to bring authors and readers together and all the proceeds go to charity. Stop by if you're ever near Chicago!

Whew, I'm tired just writing about my 2012 schedule. But I'm not done!

In a few short weeks, I'll be delivering CHECKMATE, MY LORD, the second manuscript in my British Secret Service series (aka The Nexus) and then I'll begin drafting the third book. Ethan deBeau's story. So I'll be saying goodbye to Lauren and Sebastian, then jumping into all sorts madness with Samantha and Ethan. *rubbing hands together*

OH! I nearly forgot to mention one of the happiest days of my life--the day I received the advanced reading copies (ARC) for A LADY'S REVENGE. Talk about a thrilling moment. You can see the play-by-play moment on my blog, Bollocks!, a la my mischievous husband. I'm holding one of the ARCs in the picture above.

If you're attending any of the events above, please stop by and say hello. I would love to connect with you in person.

Not one for conferences? Visit me on the Internet...


* * *

Tracey Devlyn writes historical romantic thrillers (translation: a slightly more grievous journey toward the heroine's happy ending). An Illinois native, Tracey spends her evenings harassing her once-in-a-lifetime husband and her weekend torturing her characters.



Comments

  1. Tracey,
    Your year sounds so exciting. Looks like you are going to be busy. Have fun and save a visit for me at RWA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey - I'm so excited for you! It's going to be fun to follow your career and say I knew you when!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope i can grab your debut book soon as like your pic, lol, cant wait for april ;)

    congrats tracey!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are busy! I think the Lady Jane's Salon is a fabulous idea. I know Denver has a satellite because I'm reading there via Skype in February :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn--I most certainly will save a visit for you! It's going to be a ton of fun at RWA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becke--thanks so much for stopping by! Can't wait for the day when we'll be celebrating your debut. I know it will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eli--Thanks, Eli! I so appreciate all your support. See you around Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shana--I'd love to hear how about your Skype experience. After we get a few salons under our belt, I'd like to try remote readings and YouTube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to know if there is a Lady Jane's salon in the southeast. I love hearing how writers work and improve their craft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look properly thrilled in that picture, Tracey. Nothing quite like holding the book in your hand, is there? Sounds like a great year ahead for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee--Is Raleigh-Durham close enough? You can check out their website at http://ladyjanesrdu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheryl--thanks! It was a moment I'll not soon forget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation. Wish you all the best:) . Aretha zhen, aretha_zhen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! You must be so excited, what a rush to hold the ARC and know this is something you created!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elf--there are really no words to describe it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tracey, that's terrific! I love your kitchen! LOL :) Have fun wit hthe new release!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment