Skip to main content

Beginning a new manuscript

January is a time for new beginnings...as are Mondays. I don't bother trying to start a diet on Jan 1st, because it's my anniversary. Less than a week later is my birthday, then we go away for our annual post holiday brain thaw in a warmer climate. This year we went to Panama. (See the gorgeous waterfall I posted on You Tube last week.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnWrFU3MzU8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

But today, Monday the 15th, it's time to buckle down and get back to reality. I have a head start this time. The book began to pour out of me a couple months ago, so I wrote a few pages. I liked the characters and incorporated them into the story I had been writing before deadline. (First in a new series. It's a spin off of the Strange Neighbors books. The new series is called Flirting with Fangs.)

I finished book 1 right before vacation and sent to to my agent for her feedback--then I was able to relax for an entire week. Whew! How often does that happen? In my life, rarely!

So, here I am, all rested and ready to plunge into book 2. I hope you've all had a chance to recover from the holidays and have the energy something new brings. A new idea...A new release...a new year. Here's to a wonderful 2012, everyone!

Comments

  1. Isn't that first blush of a new chapter fun? Congratulations on a new series!
    But Mondays? Now that's a horse of a different color. If I don't write on Sunday, I lose my momentum and Monday's are worse in my book than Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you're one of those every day writers like Stephen King. I'm a Mon through Fri gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also working hard today on a new project. I've been stuck for a while but I have a new plan and working hard today. Good luck with your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck, Amanda!

    Sometimes you just have to power through it. As Nora Roberts says, "You can't fix a blank page."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment