Skip to main content

Beginning a new manuscript

January is a time for new beginnings...as are Mondays. I don't bother trying to start a diet on Jan 1st, because it's my anniversary. Less than a week later is my birthday, then we go away for our annual post holiday brain thaw in a warmer climate. This year we went to Panama. (See the gorgeous waterfall I posted on You Tube last week.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnWrFU3MzU8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

But today, Monday the 15th, it's time to buckle down and get back to reality. I have a head start this time. The book began to pour out of me a couple months ago, so I wrote a few pages. I liked the characters and incorporated them into the story I had been writing before deadline. (First in a new series. It's a spin off of the Strange Neighbors books. The new series is called Flirting with Fangs.)

I finished book 1 right before vacation and sent to to my agent for her feedback--then I was able to relax for an entire week. Whew! How often does that happen? In my life, rarely!

So, here I am, all rested and ready to plunge into book 2. I hope you've all had a chance to recover from the holidays and have the energy something new brings. A new idea...A new release...a new year. Here's to a wonderful 2012, everyone!

Comments

  1. I figure I will have to rest and relax in April, but I'm glad you got a little break. You've been working so hard. Hope the new book goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shana!

    Yes, it was really difficult to slow down for the first couple days. Then I finally wound up on Panama time...Oh, their in Eastern time zone like I am. It's just a whole lot more hours in the day down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resting and relaxing doesn't start for me until mid-February. Until then, it's business as usual! The Panama trip sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished editing Savage Hunger, shipped off a ton of books for the Dec contest, picked up groceries, since the cupboard was bare, and am off today! That's my big break! Sounds like you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Terry. I sympathize! I just wasted half the morning trying to make my latest newsletter--I saved an closed it for later, and now I can't find it again! I want to cry. But instead, I need to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment