Skip to main content

What I Want Under MY Tree this Christmas! by Terry Spear

REALLY, must I say anything else at all???

But I'm a writer, so I have to say something! I know, no one will be paying any attention to me, not when everyone is eyeballing my Christmas packages.

After Thanksgiving, I always set up the tree. But you know how much of a tangle the Christmas lights can be in. So I'll need help. And here's my first choice helper. A wolf. Well, he was a wolf and got sort of tangled up in the lights, and then when he shifted, voila! Who cares if he's much of a help or not? The fun of it is that I get to untangle him!

What I want to know is would anyone else like the job???




When all is said and done, it's time for a romp in the hay. So to speak. We've got to get the outdoor lights put up, but I tired the poor wolf out with all the other decorations he helped me to display and well, anyone raising their hand to help revive him???



The nice thing about wolves is they come in a pack, so you can enjoy meeting a variety of them. None are exactly the same. One would surely suit you.

This month, DREAMING OF THE WOLF is being released, 8th in the stand-alone series, although he comes from the DESTINY OF THE WOLF pack, and WOLF FEVER is also about that pack. So I have a proposal to make, a winner can win all three. Although if the winner already has any of these, it's winner's choice for another selection. Winner picked by December 10.

DREAMING OF THE WOLF

A FIERCE HUNTER...
Alicia Greiston is a no-nonsense bounty hunter determined to bring a ring of mobsters to justice. Her dogged pursuit of the crime family has forced her to avoid relationships— any man would only become a target for retribution. Luckily, Jake Silver is more than a man, and his instincts are telling him to stop at nothing to protect her.

AN ANIMAL PASSION...
However, the mob isn't entirely human either, and soon Alicia must flee for her life. When Alicia and Jake's passion begins to spill over into their dreams, Jake learns he will have to do more than defend her— he'll have to show his mate the way of the wolf.

 

I may be a bit impartial, but I think Jake Silver would make a nice addition under any tree. Don't you think?

Okay, you know some of those wolves of ours are out there doing some Christmas shopping, and though Jake needed to pick up something more functional for his mate out of necessity, this is what happens when HE goes shopping...

Excerpt from DREAMING OF THE WOLF:

“Why, Jake, what brings you here? And at this time of night?” She sounded more than surprised.

“I need some things for a woman who’s staying with us.”

“Oh. Can she visit and—”

“No.”

“But her size. Did she tell you what—”

“She’s in the car in her wolf form and has no clothes.”

Lisa glanced out the window and frowned. “Oh. Is Sheriff Peter posing as a bodyguard?”

“Yeah.”

She sighed. “All right. So you’re not looking for anything fun. Just functional.”

No, he wasn’t looking just for functional. But he let Lisa lead him to the racks of bras anyway. He ran his fingers over the lacy cups, then the satin ones. He picked up red ones, one lace, one satin, the one without any padding, the other with padding beneath the breasts. He didn’t know which Alicia would prefer so he would get both.

“Are you certain that’s her cup size?”

He put his hand around the cup and nodded. “Appears right.”

“Hmm,” Lisa said, smiling, and the sound she made was one of speculation. Then she took him to a rack of panties. He selected three pairs of bikini panties in red.

“Maybe a pair of white?”

He shook his head. Red suited her.

Then he looked back at the royal blue corset.

“What about nightwear? A robe or something?”

But now he couldn’t tear his gaze away from the body hose that a couple of mannequins were wearing. One was a seductive fishnet, long-sleeved body stocking with an open crotch, and the other, a spaghetti-strapped sheer fishnet body stocking, also with an open crotch. Envisioning Alicia wearing any of it made him hard and wanting.

“A robe?” Lisa repeated, drawing his attention reluctantly from the body stockings.

He fingered a sheer, red-lace short robe.

Lisa smiled and folded her arms. “Does she wear a lot of red?”

He glanced at Alicia watching him through the Suburban window and thought about it, but he didn’t remember her wearing anything but white.

***
Today I'm at the following locations for free giveaways:


Book Monster Reviews

Literal Addiction  (8-10 chat also) Please come because I may be the only one there!!! :) But then again, I maybe so tired after work, I might not even notice. LOL

Casablanca


Over the Edge



Preternatura


Red Roses for Authors--a lovely review from Anne Herries
And that's how it goes. You will get what you get. But with Jake, well, that's a whole lot of getting!



I want to wish everyone the merriest of holidays, no stress, just fun...snuggle up with a wolf this holiday and enjoy! :)

And one last question, if Jake picked out your lingerie, would you be pleased, or want to get revenge?

Terry
"Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy IS reality."
www.terryspear.com

Comments

  1. Happy release day, Terry! Thanks for the excerpt and the, um, pictures. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I found those kind of presents under my tree I'd have to get out the nitro pills! Congrat's on a brand new release. Loved the excerpt. BEFORE Jake picks out my lingerie, he'd better go over to the new body section and get me one of those to go with the lingerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Release Day Terry, wishing you lots of success :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tracey! I knew you'd be nice and...inspired! :)

    Oh, Carolyn, you'd rope those wolves into shape before they EVER had a chance to know what happened to them!!! LOL about the new body section...I'll go with you! :)

    Thanks so much, Amy!!! All the writing and editing and pre-promoting is nothing compared to finally have the book in readers' hands! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, too funny! Loved your post :) Happy release day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, thanks, Rashda! I hope you are inspired also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your so baaad, lol. And would you look at that-it's naked Santa again! Sure glad he's back. I had a great time with...I mean. (Cough). Never mind.
    Just dropping in to say, "Happy Release Day!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Witchy Woman! I'm glad you dropped by to comment!!! :) And gave me a great chuckle before work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy release day, Terry! I'm with Carolyn, we'll be shopping in the new body section--then I'd have no problem let Jake pick out whatever he'd like to take off me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those pics!
    I'm with Carolyn on this one, except for the nitro pills. Need a new body far more than lingerie!
    Congrats on the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the release, Terry! I can honestly say that I've had some pretty neat gifts under the tree, but not like the ones you've got! LOL.

    Hmmm...can we skip the lingerie part and instead I tell you about the sexiest present I received...a pair of red stiletto-heeled pumps...ahhh youth! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy release day Terry, and thank you for the pictures. They can help me set up my Christmas Tree too, next week. Here in Holland, we first celebrate Sinterklaas on December 5th, and after that, Christmas is welcome in our houses.

    Ofcourse Jake can pick lingery for me every time ;) not sure if I dared wearing it though.

    auriansbooks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, wow! I never mind lingerie for a gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terry, I've always been drawn to multi-colored Christmas lights. I'll be right over to help you finish hanging them!
    Congrats on the release! Looks like a winner to me.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would be perfectly happy to have a man pick out my lingerie. Even if it's ridiculous they chose it to please themselves. Congrats on the new release! I would love to win the books.

    Geishasmom73 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I'm awake now! Congrats on your release. Looks like you are going to have a very merry holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun excerpt! I think I would likely go with revenge. Lace makes me itch and net body stockings don't sound comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your release, Terry. It sounds like I need to meet your wolves. It's a good thing they come in packs indeed. Plus, their fur makes them pretty handy for snuggles during the Winter.

    Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your latest release! Though I haven't had a chance to read this series yet, they sound like something I'd enjoy reading. Thanks for sharing that bit of excerpt!

    chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terry
    It was wonderful talking to you on the chat. Can't wait to read more of your books.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Argh, I hate it when my comments don't go through and I have to be, or try to be, brilliant all over again. Don't you find the first time you always sound better? LOL

    LOL, Robin. He would love you and definitely help you get more comfortable. The fewer the clothes the better, is a wolf's motto. :)

    Too funny, Cheryl. You all had me laughing at lunchtime at work and made TGIF even better!

    That's cute, CH! Yeah, they're something, aren't they??? But I swear I'll...well, I'll...*sigh*, I'll share. I have to because of the Christmas spirit, right? I love your Christmas gift. Right after I was married, 1st Christmas with my folks, my husband bought me sexy teddies, and here I'm opening them in front of my parents. LOL They thought it was so funny, and great. I was totally red-faced, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, sure you could, Aurian! Thanks for sharing your Christmas holiday with us! I was telling my coworkers about it and they thought it was so neat! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! :) And got you in the spirit!

    Shana, you'd make the perfect heroine for Jake then!

    LOL, Amelia!!! I just knew I'd get a lot of help with the lights this year! LOL!!

    Now, Stacie, that is the neatest remark, and you're soooo right! I loved it!!! Thanks!!

    Too funny, Amanda! Definitely a VERY merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to tell you a secret, Lil! She goes for revenge. :)

    Na, absolutely! But they're pretty good at keeping their mates warm even when they're furless!

    Thanks so much, Winnie! I hope you check them out!

    Thanks, Pam! It was a long day at work, and I'm on 4 guest blogs today, and then the 2 hour chat, and I'm just now getting back to this blog to thank commenters!!! I really had fun at the chat. And do send me an SASE, and I'll send you some book marks. On my website, you can also receive my newsletter where I give a free read each week. :) I love your picture! Is that your dog?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy release day. I would love to find those under my tree. I think I may have to ask the hubby to pose in the lights. :)

    musicalfrog at comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL, Patti, would he? And then would he share himself with the rest of the world? If you'd let him, of course! :) We need inspiration, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy release day!! I have been waiting for this book to come out. Now I just need to get my hands on a copy. :)

    I actually love it when my Hubby picks out lingerie for me. We have the same kind of taste, so I always love what ever he gets.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree with you Terry... Jake Silver would make a nice addition under any tree:) Great excerpt! I would absolutely not mind him picking out lingerie for me. Red might be a little much sometimes, but hey if he likes it then I'm all for it;) Christmas is a time for giving, so I'd let him have it, lol!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    yadkny@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dani, thanks!! And that sounds so nice. You have one special man in your life, although I'm sure he won't mind sharing you with Jake for a bit! :)

    Yadkny, too funny! That's the spirit! Giving, yes. Jake would all be for it, believe me! :) Did you see that hungry look in his eyes?

    He's not giving up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, Terry! Very steamy! :) Maybe Santa should bring you a faux mink to go with that gift. :D

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment